Whether you need to move house, go on vacation with a caravan, dispose of green waste, or have a hitch is really handy. On this page, we will explain the electrical connection of a trailer hitch of a Hyundai Accent . In fact, regardless if the set up procedure is not difficult, it is required to explain some details to consider this intervention without any issue. Firstly, we will find out what the electrical wiring harness of your car hitch contains, then, in a second step, how to make the electrical connection of the hitch of a Hyundai Accent .
What’s the wiring harness for a Hyundai Accent hitch trailer?
Why do we have to connect a wiring harness with the hitch trailer of a Hyundai Accent?
So we will commence our content by detailing the principles of a wiring harness of a Hyundai Accent. In order to discover how it functions, you must previously discover its necessity. Whether you have a trailer or a caravan to tow, it is necessary and earlier all mandatory by the highway code to follow certain requirements, here they are:
- A solid chassis for the trailer…
- Wheels that fit.
- An electrical connection.
- A license plate in plain sight.
- A stoplight repeater.
- A traffic light repeater.
- A blinker repeater.
- License plate illumination.
- A fog light repeater.
In order to fulfill all the electrical requirements, you will need to install a wiring harness connection on the hitch trailer of your Hyundai Accent . We will look into this in this post, if you want to discover how to install the hitch of a Hyundai Accent, please find out our content on this theme.
What is the electrical connection of the trailer hitch of a Hyundai Accent?
We will now fairly quickly explain how the electrical connection of your hitch functions. The connection uses the 12-volt current from your car to power the hitch lights on your Hyundai Accent. There are two different systems of electrical connection for a hitch, here they are:
- The 7-pin electric plug for a Hyundai Accent trailer, 7 pins : This is the traditional plug that will be found on all Hyundai Accent hitches. This electrical connection will allow you to transmit all the lighting functions needed for the rear signalling of your trailer, you will find a plug for each action (left and right indicators, ground, fog light, left and right position light, left and right brake light).
- Electrical connection for caravan with 13-pin plug for Hyundai Accent: This plug system is specifically used for caravans that necessitate 12 volts inside to supply the different electrical gear in the cabin. This kind of connection needs the use of an adapter. The extra pins will bring the 12 volt power permanently (to recharge a battery in the caravan) and the 12 volt power in use (to use the 12 volt equipment when the motor vehicle is switched on).
How do I hook up the wiring harness of a Hyundai Accent?
To conclude this content, we will fairly quickly explain you how to make the connection of the wiring harness of your Hyundai Accent .
How to make the connection of the wiring harness of an old Hyundai Accent?
To mount the wiring harness of an old Hyundai Accent, you will have to go and get all the required cables in the rear lights of this one. We suggest you to call in a car electrician to do this intervention because it is difficult, but we will nevertheless summarize the main steps to be performed:
- Remove the trunk lining from your Hyundai Accent to access the rear light unit.
- Locate the wires that correspond to each of the taillight functions.
- Connect them to the lugs on the wiring harness on your hitch.
- Close the whole thing down.
How do you connect the wiring harness of a recent Hyundai Accent?
For recent Hyundai Accents, the wiring harness is much simpler to connect:
- You can use a multiplexable box, you will find specific ones for your Hyundai Accent and universal models. It’s up to you to choose according to your budget, know that a universal version costs between 30 and 60 euros.
- Remove the trunk lining from your Hyundai Accent so that you can route the cables from your box to the front of your Hyundai Accent and connect them to your fuse box.
- Install the case in the trunk properly.
- You don’t have to retrieve your cables from the trunk and connect them to your outlet.
How do you hook up the power to a trailer on Hyundai Accent?
Finally, to conclude this content we will fairly quickly explain you how to make the electrical connection of a caravan on your Hyundai Accent . To achieve this you will automatically have to go through one of the previous steps, it’s up to you to choose the one that means your model and your budget. After you have done this, the last step will be to buy an adapter that goes from a 7-pin plug to a 13-pin plug so that you can benefit from the 12 volt current in your caravan. These adapters come at different prices, you will need to count between 15 and 40 euros. All you have to do is plug it into your 7-pin plug.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Hyundai Accent, do not hesitate to consult our Hyundai Accent category.