Whether you need to move house, go on vacation with a caravan, dispose of green waste, or have a hitch is fairly handy. In this post, we will show you the electrical connection of a trailer hitch of a Honda Fit . In truth, regardless if the set up process is not complex, it is required to explain some points to consider this work without any problem. First of all, we will see what the electrical wiring harness of your car hitch contains, then, in a second step, how to make the electrical connection of the hitch of a Honda Fit .
What’s the wiring harness for a Honda Fit hitch trailer?
Why do we have to connect a wiring harness with the hitch trailer of a Honda Fit?
So we will commence our article by detailing the principles of a wiring harness of a Honda Fit. In order to understand how it functions, you must already understand its necessity. If you have a trailer or a caravan to tow, it is essential and above all mandatory by the highway code to respect certain laws, here they are:
- A solid chassis for the trailer…
- Wheels that fit.
- An electrical connection.
- A license plate in plain sight.
- A stoplight repeater.
- A traffic light repeater.
- A blinker repeater.
- License plate illumination.
- A fog light repeater.
In order to fulfill all the electrical obligations, you will need to install a wiring harness connection on the hitch trailer of your Honda Fit . We will concentrate on this in this article, if you want to learn how to install the hitch of a Honda Fit, please see our article on this subject.
What is the electrical connection of the trailer hitch of a Honda Fit?
We will now quickly show you how the electrical connection of your hitch functions. The connection uses the 12-volt current from your car to power the hitch lights on your Honda Fit. There are two different systems of electrical connection for a hitch, here they are:
- The 7-pin electric plug for a Honda Fit trailer, 7 pins : This is the classic plug that will be determined on all Honda Fit hitches. This electrical connection will enable you to transmit all the lighting functions necessary for the rear signalling of your trailer, you will locate a plug for each objective (left and right indicators, ground, fog light, left and right position light, left and right brake light).
- Electrical connection for caravan with 13-pin plug for Honda Fit: This plug system is mainly used for caravans that involve 12 volts inside to supply the different electrical gear in the cabin. This type of connection requires the use of an adapter. The extra pins will bring the 12 volt power permanently (to recharge a battery in the caravan) and the 12 volt power in use (to use the 12 volt equipment when the motor vehicle is switched on).
How do I hook up the wiring harness of a Honda Fit?
To finish this article, we will quickly show you you how to make the connection of the wiring harness of your Honda Fit .
How to make the connection of the wiring harness of an old Honda Fit?
To mount the wiring harness of an old Honda Fit, you will have to go and get all the required cables in the rear lights of this one. We advise you to call in a car electrician for this intervention because it is complex, but we will nevertheless summarize the most important steps to be accomplished:
- Take out the trunk lining from your Honda Fit to access the rear light unit.
- Find the wires that correspond to each of the taillight functions.
- Connect them to the lugs on the wiring harness on your hitch.
- Close the whole thing down.
How do you connect the wiring harness of a recent Honda Fit?
For new Honda Fits, the wiring harness is much simpler to connect:
- You can use a multiplexable box, you will locate particular ones for your Honda Fit and universal models. It’s up to you to choose according to your budget, know that a universal version costs between 30 and 60 euros.
- Take out the trunk lining from your Honda Fit so that you can route the cables from your box to the front of your Honda Fit and connect them to your fuse box.
- Install the circumstance in the trunk effectively.
- You don’t have to retrieve your cables from the trunk and connect them to your outlet.
How do you hook up the power to a trailer on Honda Fit?
Finally, to finish this article we will quickly show you you how to make the electrical connection of a caravan on your Honda Fit . To get this done you will automatically have to go through one of the previous steps, it’s up to you to choose the one that means your model and your budget. After you have done this, the last step will be to buy an adapter that goes from a 7-pin plug to a 13-pin plug so that you can benefit from the 12 volt current in your caravan. These adapters come at different prices, you will need to count between 15 and 40 euros. All you have to do is plug it into your 7-pin plug.
To get more tips on the Honda Fit, take a look at the Honda Fit category.