If you need to move house, go on vacation with a caravan, dispose of green waste, or have a hitch is fairly handy. On this page, we will describe the electrical connection of a trailer hitch of a Honda CR V . In truth, regardless if the installation procedure is not complex, it is required to describe some details to consider this work without any problem. Firstly, we will discover what the electrical wiring harness of your car hitch contains, then, in a second step, how to make the electrical connection of the hitch of a Honda CR V .
What’s the wiring harness for a Honda CR V hitch trailer?
Why do we have to connect a wiring harness with the hitch trailer of a Honda CR V?
So we will begin our content page by explaining the basics of a wiring harness of a Honda CR V. In order to figure out how it functions, you must already figure out its necessity. If you have a trailer or a caravan to tow, it is fundamental and earlier all mandatory by the highway code to respect certain requirements, here they are:
- A solid chassis for the trailer…
- Wheels that fit.
- An electrical connection.
- A license plate in plain sight.
- A stoplight repeater.
- A traffic light repeater.
- A blinker repeater.
- License plate illumination.
- A fog light repeater.
In order to meet all the electrical obligations, you will need to install a wiring harness connection on the hitch trailer of your Honda CR V . We will focus on this in this article, if you want to learn how to install the hitch of a Honda CR V, please discover our content page on this subject.
What is the electrical connection of the trailer hitch of a Honda CR V?
We will now quickly describe how the electrical connection of your hitch functions. The connection uses the 12-volt current from your car to power the hitch lights on your Honda CR V. There are two different systems of electrical connection for a hitch, here they are:
- The 7-pin electric plug for a Honda CR V trailer, 7 pins : This is the classic plug that will be located on all Honda CR V hitches. This electrical connection will allow you to transmit all the lighting functions necessary for the rear signalling of your trailer, you will find a plug for each objective (left and right indicators, ground, fog light, left and right position light, left and right brake light).
- Electrical connection for caravan with 13-pin plug for Honda CR V: This plug system is principally used for caravans that involve 12 volts inside to supply the different electrical gear in the cabin. This sort of connection necessitates the use of an adapter. The extra pins will bring the 12 volt power permanently (to recharge a battery in the caravan) and the 12 volt power in use (to use the 12 volt equipment when the car is switched on).
How do I hook up the wiring harness of a Honda CR V?
To conclude this content page, we will quickly describe you how to produce the connection of the wiring harness of your Honda CR V .
How to make the connection of the wiring harness of an old Honda CR V?
To mount the wiring harness of an old Honda CR V, you will have to go and get all the required cables in the rear lights of this one. We recommend you to call in a car electrician to do this intervention because it is complex, but we will nevertheless summarize the most important steps to be accomplished:
- Take out the trunk lining from your Honda CR V to access the rear light unit.
- Find the wires that correspond to each of the taillight functions.
- Connect them to the lugs on the wiring harness on your hitch.
- Close the whole thing down.
How do you connect the wiring harness of a recent Honda CR V?
For modern Honda CR Vs, the wiring harness is much easier to connect:
- You can use a multiplexable box, you will find specific ones for your Honda CR V and universal models. It’s up to you to select according to your budget, know that a universal version costs between 30 and 60 euros.
- Take out the trunk lining from your Honda CR V so that you can route the cables from your box to the front of your Honda CR V and connect them to your fuse box.
- Install the circumstance in the trunk properly.
- You don’t have to retrieve your cables from the trunk and connect them to your outlet.
How do you hook up the power to a trailer on Honda CR V?
Finally, to conclude this content page we will quickly describe you how to produce the electrical connection of a caravan on your Honda CR V . To do this you will automatically have to go through one of the previous steps, it’s up to you to select the one that points your model and your budget. After you have conducted this, the last step will be to buy an adapter that goes from a 7-pin plug to a 13-pin plug so that you can benefit from the 12 volt current in your caravan. These adapters come at different prices, you will need to count between 15 and 40 euros. All you have to do is plug it into your 7-pin plug.
If you wish more guides on the Honda CR V, go to our Honda CR V category.