Whether you need to move house, go on vacation with a caravan, get rid of of green waste, or have a hitch is really handy. On this page, we will explain the electrical connection of a trailer hitch of a Honda Accord . Obviously, regardless if the set up procedure is not complex, it is required to describe some points to consider this work without any problem. First of all, we will find out what the electrical wiring harness of your car hitch involves, then, in a second step, how to make the electrical connection of the hitch of a Honda Accord .
What’s the wiring harness for a Honda Accord hitch trailer?
Why do we have to connect a wiring harness with the hitch trailer of a Honda Accord?
So we will commence our article by explaining the principles of a wiring harness of a Honda Accord. In order to discover how it functions, you must already discover its necessity. If you have a trailer or a caravan to tow, it is important and earlier all mandatory by the highway code to follow certain laws, here they are:
- A solid chassis for the trailer…
- Wheels that fit.
- An electrical connection.
- A license plate in plain sight.
- A stoplight repeater.
- A traffic light repeater.
- A blinker repeater.
- License plate illumination.
- A fog light repeater.
In order to fulfill all the electrical requirements, you will need to install a wiring harness connection on the hitch trailer of your Honda Accord . We will look into this in this article, if you want to find out how to install the hitch of a Honda Accord, please find out our article on this topic.
What is the electrical connection of the trailer hitch of a Honda Accord?
We will now quickly explain how the electrical connection of your hitch functions. The connection uses the 12-volt current from your car to power the hitch lights on your Honda Accord. There are two different systems of electrical connection for a hitch, here they are:
- The 7-pin electric plug for a Honda Accord trailer, 7 pins : This is the traditional plug that will be identified on all Honda Accord hitches. This electrical connection will enable you to transmit all the lighting functions required for the rear signalling of your trailer, you will find a plug for each function (left and right indicators, ground, fog light, left and right position light, left and right brake light).
- Electrical connection for caravan with 13-pin plug for Honda Accord: This plug system is mainly used for caravans that involve 12 volts inside to supply the different electrical equipment in the cabin. This type of connection necessitates the use of an adapter. The extra pins will bring the 12 volt power permanently (to recharge a battery in the caravan) and the 12 volt power in use (to use the 12 volt equipment when the motor vehicle is switched on).
How do I hook up the wiring harness of a Honda Accord?
To conclude this article, we will quickly explain you how to make the connection of the wiring harness of your Honda Accord .
How to make the connection of the wiring harness of an old Honda Accord?
To install the wiring harness of an old Honda Accord, you will have to go and get all the required cables in the rear lights of this one. We suggest you to call in a car electrician to do this intervention because it is complex, but we will nevertheless summarize the most important steps to be carried out:
- Remove the trunk lining from your Honda Accord to access the rear light unit.
- Locate the wires that correspond to each of the taillight functions.
- Connect them to the lugs on the wiring harness on your hitch.
- Close the whole thing down.
How do you connect the wiring harness of a recent Honda Accord?
For modern Honda Accords, the wiring harness is much simpler to connect:
- You can use a multiplexable box, you will find particular ones for your Honda Accord and universal models. It’s up to you to choose according to your budget, know that a universal version costs between 30 and 60 euros.
- Remove the trunk lining from your Honda Accord so that you can route the cables from your box to the front of your Honda Accord and connect them to your fuse box.
- Install the circumstance in the trunk effectively.
- You don’t have to retrieve your cables from the trunk and connect them to your outlet.
How do you hook up the power to a trailer on Honda Accord?
Finally, to conclude this article we will quickly explain you how to make the electrical connection of a caravan on your Honda Accord . To get this done you will inevitably have to go through one of the previous steps, it’s up to you to choose the one that means your model and your budget. After you have conducted this, the last step will be to buy an adapter that goes from a 7-pin plug to a 13-pin plug so that you can benefit from the 12 volt current in your caravan. These adapters come at different prices, you will need to count between 15 and 40 euros. All you have to do is plug it into your 7-pin plug.
If you want more tutorials on the Honda Accord, go to our Honda Accord category.