Whether you need to move house, go on vacation with a caravan, get rid of of green waste, or have a hitch is fairly handy. On this page, we will explain the electrical connection of a trailer hitch of a Chrysler Town & Country . In fact, regardless if the installation procedure is not complex, it is required to clarify some details to consider this work without any issue. First of all, we will see what the electrical wiring harness of your car hitch contains, then, in a second step, how to make the electrical connection of the hitch of a Chrysler Town & Country .
What’s the wiring harness for a Chrysler Town & Country hitch trailer?
Why do we have to connect a wiring harness with the hitch trailer of a Chrysler Town & Country?
So we will begin our content by explaining the principles of a wiring harness of a Chrysler Town & Country. In order to discover how it functions, you must previously discover its necessity. If you have a trailer or a caravan to tow, it is essential and earlier all mandatory by the highway code to follow certain protocols, here they are:
- A solid chassis for the trailer…
- Wheels that fit.
- An electrical connection.
- A license plate in plain sight.
- A stoplight repeater.
- A traffic light repeater.
- A blinker repeater.
- License plate illumination.
- A fog light repeater.
In order to meet all the electrical regulations, you will need to install a wiring harness connection on the hitch trailer of your Chrysler Town & Country . We will concentrate on this in this article, if you want to learn how to install the hitch of a Chrysler Town & Country, please see our content on this theme.
What is the electrical connection of the trailer hitch of a Chrysler Town & Country?
We will now fairly quickly explain how the electrical connection of your hitch functions. The connection uses the 12-volt current from your car to power the hitch lights on your Chrysler Town & Country. There are two different systems of electrical connection for a hitch, here they are:
- The 7-pin electric plug for a Chrysler Town & Country trailer, 7 pins : This is the traditional plug that will be determined on all Chrysler Town & Country hitches. This electrical connection will enable you to transmit all the lighting functions necessary for the rear signalling of your trailer, you will locate a plug for each action (left and right indicators, ground, fog light, left and right position light, left and right brake light).
- Electrical connection for caravan with 13-pin plug for Chrysler Town & Country: This plug system is mainly used for caravans that necessitate 12 volts inside to supply the different electrical gear in the cabin. This kind of connection necessitates the use of an adapter. The extra pins will bring the 12 volt power permanently (to recharge a battery in the caravan) and the 12 volt power in use (to use the 12 volt equipment when the car is switched on).
How do I hook up the wiring harness of a Chrysler Town & Country?
To end this content, we will fairly quickly explain you how to make the connection of the wiring harness of your Chrysler Town & Country .
How to make the connection of the wiring harness of an old Chrysler Town & Country?
To install the wiring harness of an old Chrysler Town & Country, you will have to go and get all the required cables in the rear lights of this one. We advise you to call in a car electrician for this intervention because it is complex, but we will nevertheless summarize the main steps to be performed:
- Take out the trunk lining from your Chrysler Town & Country to access the rear light unit.
- Find the wires that correspond to each of the taillight functions.
- Connect them to the lugs on the wiring harness on your hitch.
- Close the whole thing down.
How do you connect the wiring harness of a recent Chrysler Town & Country?
For recent Chrysler Town & Countrys, the wiring harness is much simpler to connect:
- You can use a multiplexable box, you will locate specific ones for your Chrysler Town & Country and universal models. It’s up to you to choose according to your budget, know that a universal version costs between 30 and 60 euros.
- Take out the trunk lining from your Chrysler Town & Country so that you can route the cables from your box to the front of your Chrysler Town & Country and connect them to your fuse box.
- Install the circumstance in the trunk properly.
- You don’t have to retrieve your cables from the trunk and connect them to your outlet.
How do you hook up the power to a trailer on Chrysler Town & Country?
Finally, to end this content we will fairly quickly explain you how to make the electrical connection of a caravan on your Chrysler Town & Country . To do this you will automatically have to go through one of the previous steps, it’s up to you to choose the one that means your model and your budget. After you have done this, the last step will be to buy an adapter that goes from a 7-pin plug to a 13-pin plug so that you can benefit from the 12 volt current in your caravan. These adapters come at different prices, you will need to count between 15 and 40 euros. All you have to do is plug it into your 7-pin plug.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Chrysler Town & Country, do not hesitate to consult our Chrysler Town & Country category.