If you need to move house, go on holiday with a caravan, dispose of green waste, or have a hitch is pretty handy. On this page, we will explain the electrical connection of a trailer hitch of a Chrysler 300 . In fact, regardless if the set up procedure is not complex, it is necessary to describe some details to consider this intervention without any problem. First of all, we will see what the electrical wiring harness of your car hitch contains, then, in a second step, how to make the electrical connection of the hitch of a Chrysler 300 .
What’s the wiring harness for a Chrysler 300 hitch trailer?
Why do we have to connect a wiring harness with the hitch trailer of a Chrysler 300?
So we will begin our content by detailing the basics of a wiring harness of a Chrysler 300. In order to discover how it works, you must already discover its necessity. Whether you have a trailer or a caravan to tow, it is necessary and earlier all mandatory by the highway code to respect certain laws, here they are:
- A solid chassis for the trailer…
- Wheels that fit.
- An electrical connection.
- A license plate in plain sight.
- A stoplight repeater.
- A traffic light repeater.
- A blinker repeater.
- License plate illumination.
- A fog light repeater.
In order to satisfy all the electrical obligations, you will need to install a wiring harness connection on the hitch trailer of your Chrysler 300 . We will concentrate on this in this post, if you want to discover how to install the hitch of a Chrysler 300, please see our content on this subject.
What is the electrical connection of the trailer hitch of a Chrysler 300?
We will now fairly quickly explain how the electrical connection of your hitch works. The connection uses the 12-volt current from your car to power the hitch lights on your Chrysler 300. There are two different systems of electrical connection for a hitch, here they are:
- The 7-pin electric plug for a Chrysler 300 trailer, 7 pins : This is the classic plug that will be discovered on all Chrysler 300 hitches. This electrical connection will allow you to transmit all the lighting functions required for the rear signalling of your trailer, you will discover a plug for each function (left and right indicators, ground, fog light, left and right position light, left and right brake light).
- Electrical connection for caravan with 13-pin plug for Chrysler 300: This plug system is specifically used for caravans that involve 12 volts inside to supply the various electrical gear in the cabin. This type of connection requires the use of an adapter. The extra pins will bring the 12 volt power permanently (to recharge a battery in the caravan) and the 12 volt power in use (to use the 12 volt equipment when the car is switched on).
How do I hook up the wiring harness of a Chrysler 300?
To end this content, we will fairly quickly explain you how to produce the connection of the wiring harness of your Chrysler 300 .
How to make the connection of the wiring harness of an old Chrysler 300?
To mount the wiring harness of an old Chrysler 300, you will have to go and get all the necessary cables in the rear lights of this one. We suggest you to call in a car electrician for this intervention because it is complex, but we will nevertheless summarize the main steps to be carried out:
- Remove the trunk lining from your Chrysler 300 to access the rear light unit.
- Find the wires that correspond to each of the taillight functions.
- Connect them to the lugs on the wiring harness on your hitch.
- Close the whole thing down.
How do you connect the wiring harness of a recent Chrysler 300?
For new Chrysler 300s, the wiring harness is much less complicated to connect:
- You can use a multiplexable box, you will discover specific ones for your Chrysler 300 and universal models. It’s up to you to select according to your budget, know that a universal version costs between 30 and 60 euros.
- Remove the trunk lining from your Chrysler 300 so that you can route the cables from your box to the front of your Chrysler 300 and connect them to your fuse box.
- Install the circumstance in the trunk properly.
- You don’t have to retrieve your cables from the trunk and connect them to your outlet.
How do you hook up the power to a trailer on Chrysler 300?
Finally, to end this content we will fairly quickly explain you how to produce the electrical connection of a caravan on your Chrysler 300 . To get this done you will automatically have to go through one of the previous steps, it’s up to you to select the one that means your model and your budget. After you have conducted this, the last step will be to buy an adapter that goes from a 7-pin plug to a 13-pin plug so that you can benefit from the 12 volt current in your caravan. These adapters come at different prices, you will need to count between 15 and 40 euros. All you have to do is plug it into your 7-pin plug.
To discover more tips on the Chrysler 300, take a look at the Chrysler 300 category.