Regardless of you need to move house, go on holiday with a caravan, dispose of green waste, or have a hitch is really handy. In this post, we will describe the electrical connection of a trailer hitch of a Bmw Serie 3 E93 . Obviously, even if the installation procedure is not complex, it is required to clarify some details to consider this work without any issue. First of all, we will see what the electrical wiring harness of your motor vehicle hitch involves, then, in a second step, how to make the electrical connection of the hitch of a Bmw Serie 3 E93 .
What’s the wiring harness for a Bmw Serie 3 E93 hitch trailer?
Why do we have to connect a wiring harness with the hitch trailer of a Bmw Serie 3 E93?
So we will begin our content by explaining the basics of a wiring harness of a Bmw Serie 3 E93. In order to understand how it works, you must previously understand its necessity. Whether you have a trailer or a caravan to tow, it is necessary and earlier all mandatory by the highway code to respect certain laws, here they are:
- A solid chassis for the trailer…
- Wheels that fit.
- An electrical connection.
- A license plate in plain sight.
- A stoplight repeater.
- A traffic light repeater.
- A blinker repeater.
- License plate illumination.
- A fog light repeater.
In order to fulfill all the electrical requirements, you will need to install a wiring harness connection on the hitch trailer of your Bmw Serie 3 E93 . We will look into this in this article, if you want to find out how to install the hitch of a Bmw Serie 3 E93, please see our content on this subject.
What is the electrical connection of the trailer hitch of a Bmw Serie 3 E93?
We will now quickly describe how the electrical connection of your hitch works. The connection uses the 12-volt current from your motor vehicle to power the hitch lights on your Bmw Serie 3 E93. There are two different systems of electrical connection for a hitch, here they are:
- The 7-pin electric plug for a Bmw Serie 3 E93 trailer, 7 pins : This is the traditional plug that will be discovered on all Bmw Serie 3 E93 hitches. This electrical connection will allow you to transmit all the lighting functions necessary for the rear signalling of your trailer, you will discover a plug for each function (left and right indicators, ground, fog light, left and right position light, left and right brake light).
- Electrical connection for caravan with 13-pin plug for Bmw Serie 3 E93: This plug system is specifically used for caravans that require 12 volts inside to supply the different electrical gear in the cabin. This sort of connection needs the use of an adapter. The extra pins will bring the 12 volt power permanently (to recharge a battery in the caravan) and the 12 volt power in use (to use the 12 volt equipment when the motor vehicle is switched on).
How do I hook up the wiring harness of a Bmw Serie 3 E93?
To finish this content, we will quickly describe you how to make the connection of the wiring harness of your Bmw Serie 3 E93 .
How to make the connection of the wiring harness of an old Bmw Serie 3 E93?
To install the wiring harness of an old Bmw Serie 3 E93, you will have to go and get all the required cables in the rear lights of this one. We suggest you to call in a motor vehicle electrician for this intervention because it is complex, but we will nevertheless summarize the main steps to be accomplished:
- Remove the trunk lining from your Bmw Serie 3 E93 to access the rear light unit.
- Identify the wires that correspond to each of the taillight functions.
- Connect them to the lugs on the wiring harness on your hitch.
- Close the whole thing down.
How do you connect the wiring harness of a recent Bmw Serie 3 E93?
For modern Bmw Serie 3 E93s, the wiring harness is much simpler to connect:
- You can use a multiplexable box, you will discover particular ones for your Bmw Serie 3 E93 and universal models. It’s up to you to select according to your budget, know that a universal version costs between 30 and 60 euros.
- Remove the trunk lining from your Bmw Serie 3 E93 so that you can route the cables from your box to the front of your Bmw Serie 3 E93 and connect them to your fuse box.
- Install the case in the trunk properly.
- You don’t have to retrieve your cables from the trunk and connect them to your outlet.
How do you hook up the power to a trailer on Bmw Serie 3 E93?
Finally, to finish this content we will quickly describe you how to make the electrical connection of a caravan on your Bmw Serie 3 E93 . To get this done you will inevitably have to go through one of the previous steps, it’s up to you to select the one that means your model and your budget. After you have conducted this, the last step will be to buy an adapter that goes from a 7-pin plug to a 13-pin plug so that you can benefit from the 12 volt current in your caravan. These adapters come at different prices, you will need to count between 15 and 40 euros. All you have to do is plug it into your 7-pin plug.
If you need more guides on the Bmw Serie 3 E93, go to our Bmw Serie 3 E93 category.