Regardless of you need to move house, go on vacation with a caravan, dispose of green waste, or have a hitch is fairly handy. In this post, we will explain the electrical connection of a trailer hitch of a Audi R8 . In fact, even if the set up process is not complex, it is required to explain some points to consider this task without any problem. Firstly, we will discover what the electrical wiring harness of your car hitch consists of, then, in a second step, how to make the electrical connection of the hitch of a Audi R8 .
What’s the wiring harness for a Audi R8 hitch trailer?
Why do we have to connect a wiring harness with the hitch trailer of a Audi R8?
So we will commence our content page by explaining the fundamentals of a wiring harness of a Audi R8. In order to figure out how it functions, you must previously figure out its necessity. If you have a trailer or a caravan to tow, it is necessary and earlier all mandatory by the highway code to respect certain protocols, here they are:
- A solid chassis for the trailer…
- Wheels that fit.
- An electrical connection.
- A license plate in plain sight.
- A stoplight repeater.
- A traffic light repeater.
- A blinker repeater.
- License plate illumination.
- A fog light repeater.
In order to meet all the electrical regulations, you will need to install a wiring harness connection on the hitch trailer of your Audi R8 . We will focus on this in this post, if you want to find out how to install the hitch of a Audi R8, please discover our content page on this theme.
What is the electrical connection of the trailer hitch of a Audi R8?
We will now fairly quickly explain how the electrical connection of your hitch functions. The connection uses the 12-volt current from your car to power the hitch lights on your Audi R8. There are two different systems of electrical connection for a hitch, here they are:
- The 7-pin electric plug for a Audi R8 trailer, 7 pins : This is the classic plug that will be determined on all Audi R8 hitches. This electrical connection will enable you to transmit all the lighting functions necessary for the rear signalling of your trailer, you will find a plug for each objective (left and right indicators, ground, fog light, left and right position light, left and right brake light).
- Electrical connection for caravan with 13-pin plug for Audi R8: This plug system is principally used for caravans that require 12 volts inside to supply the various electrical devices in the cabin. This sort of connection necessitates the use of an adapter. The extra pins will bring the 12 volt power permanently (to recharge a battery in the caravan) and the 12 volt power in use (to use the 12 volt equipment when the motor vehicle is switched on).
How do I hook up the wiring harness of a Audi R8?
To finish this content page, we will fairly quickly explain you how to make the connection of the wiring harness of your Audi R8 .
How to make the connection of the wiring harness of an old Audi R8?
To install the wiring harness of an old Audi R8, you will have to go and get all the required cables in the rear lights of this one. We recommend you to call in a car electrician for this intervention because it is complex, but we will nevertheless summarize the main steps to be carried out:
- Remove the trunk lining from your Audi R8 to access the rear light unit.
- Locate the wires that correspond to each of the taillight functions.
- Connect them to the lugs on the wiring harness on your hitch.
- Close the whole thing down.
How do you connect the wiring harness of a recent Audi R8?
For new Audi R8s, the wiring harness is much easier to connect:
- You can use a multiplexable box, you will find particular ones for your Audi R8 and universal models. It’s up to you to choose according to your budget, know that a universal version costs between 30 and 60 euros.
- Remove the trunk lining from your Audi R8 so that you can route the cables from your box to the front of your Audi R8 and connect them to your fuse box.
- Install the circumstance in the trunk effectively.
- You don’t have to retrieve your cables from the trunk and connect them to your outlet.
How do you hook up the power to a trailer on Audi R8?
Finally, to finish this content page we will fairly quickly explain you how to make the electrical connection of a caravan on your Audi R8 . To get this done you will automatically have to go through one of the previous steps, it’s up to you to choose the one that means your model and your budget. After you have done this, the last step will be to buy an adapter that goes from a 7-pin plug to a 13-pin plug so that you can benefit from the 12 volt current in your caravan. These adapters come at different prices, you will need to count between 15 and 40 euros. All you have to do is plug it into your 7-pin plug.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Audi R8, do not hesitate to consult our Audi R8 category.