If you need to move house, go on holiday with a caravan, get rid of of green waste, or have a hitch is pretty handy. In this post, we will explain the electrical connection of a trailer hitch of a Alfa Romeo Mito . Obviously, even if the set up process is not difficult, it is required to describe some details to consider this work without any problem. First of all, we will find out what the electrical wiring harness of your motor vehicle hitch consists of, then, in a second step, how to make the electrical connection of the hitch of a Alfa Romeo Mito .
What’s the wiring harness for a Alfa Romeo Mito hitch trailer?
Why do we have to connect a wiring harness with the hitch trailer of a Alfa Romeo Mito?
So we will begin our content page by explaining the basics of a wiring harness of a Alfa Romeo Mito. In order to figure out how it works, you must already figure out its necessity. Whether you have a trailer or a caravan to tow, it is important and above all mandatory by the highway code to follow certain protocols, here they are:
- A solid chassis for the trailer…
- Wheels that fit.
- An electrical connection.
- A license plate in plain sight.
- A stoplight repeater.
- A traffic light repeater.
- A blinker repeater.
- License plate illumination.
- A fog light repeater.
In order to meet all the electrical requirements, you will need to install a wiring harness connection on the hitch trailer of your Alfa Romeo Mito . We will focus on this in this article, if you want to find out how to install the hitch of a Alfa Romeo Mito, please find out our content page on this topic.
What is the electrical connection of the trailer hitch of a Alfa Romeo Mito?
We will now quickly explain how the electrical connection of your hitch works. The connection uses the 12-volt current from your motor vehicle to power the hitch lights on your Alfa Romeo Mito. There are two different systems of electrical connection for a hitch, here they are:
- The 7-pin electric plug for a Alfa Romeo Mito trailer, 7 pins : This is the traditional plug that will be determined on all Alfa Romeo Mito hitches. This electrical connection will enable you to transmit all the lighting functions required for the rear signalling of your trailer, you will find a plug for each function (left and right indicators, ground, fog light, left and right position light, left and right brake light).
- Electrical connection for caravan with 13-pin plug for Alfa Romeo Mito: This plug system is mainly used for caravans that require 12 volts inside to supply the different electrical devices in the cabin. This type of connection needs the use of an adapter. The extra pins will bring the 12 volt power permanently (to recharge a battery in the caravan) and the 12 volt power in use (to use the 12 volt equipment when the motor vehicle is switched on).
How do I hook up the wiring harness of a Alfa Romeo Mito?
To finish this content page, we will quickly explain you how to produce the connection of the wiring harness of your Alfa Romeo Mito .
How to make the connection of the wiring harness of an old Alfa Romeo Mito?
To install the wiring harness of an old Alfa Romeo Mito, you will have to go and get all the required cables in the rear lights of this one. We recommend you to call in a motor vehicle electrician for this intervention because it is difficult, but we will nevertheless summarize the most important steps to be performed:
- Take out the trunk lining from your Alfa Romeo Mito to access the rear light unit.
- Identify the wires that correspond to each of the taillight functions.
- Connect them to the lugs on the wiring harness on your hitch.
- Close the whole thing down.
How do you connect the wiring harness of a recent Alfa Romeo Mito?
For recent Alfa Romeo Mitos, the wiring harness is much simpler to connect:
- You can use a multiplexable box, you will find particular ones for your Alfa Romeo Mito and universal models. It’s up to you to choose according to your budget, know that a universal version costs between 30 and 60 euros.
- Take out the trunk lining from your Alfa Romeo Mito so that you can route the cables from your box to the front of your Alfa Romeo Mito and connect them to your fuse box.
- Install the case in the trunk properly.
- You don’t have to retrieve your cables from the trunk and connect them to your outlet.
How do you hook up the power to a trailer on Alfa Romeo Mito?
Finally, to finish this content page we will quickly explain you how to produce the electrical connection of a caravan on your Alfa Romeo Mito . To achieve this you will inevitably have to go through one of the previous steps, it’s up to you to choose the one that corresponds to your model and your budget. After you have conducted this, the last step will be to buy an adapter that goes from a 7-pin plug to a 13-pin plug so that you can benefit from the 12 volt current in your caravan. These adapters come at different prices, you will need to count between 15 and 40 euros. All you have to do is plug it into your 7-pin plug.
If you need more guides on the Alfa Romeo Mito, go to our Alfa Romeo Mito category.