Regardless you are the new owner of a Volvo S90, have been lent one, or have rented one, you may not yet know all the details of this car. This is precisely the subject of this article content, we will help you to conduct a basic but important procedure on 3-door cars to be able to transport more than 2 people. That’s why we are going to explain you how to fold a front seat on a Volvo S90, for that, first of all, we are going to take a look at the different settings of the front seat of your car, and, in a second part, the different ways to fold the front seat of a Volvo S90..
The different front seat adjustments of an Volvo S90
To begin, we’ll start our article content by explaining the different configurations existing on the front seat of a Volvo S90. In fact, regardless if you want to fold one of your front seats on your car, you should know that based on the model of your car and its finish you will have have the possibility of using different settings, here are most of the settings you will find on your Volvo S90:
- Fundamental and fundamental adjustment for driving without taking risks, this configuration settings of the front seat of your Volvo S90 enables you to change the distance of the seat to the pedals to be able to adapt to the size of each person’s legs.
- This setting enables you to have a better vision of the road, for tiny drivers we tend to bring up the seat and for big drivers to lower it.
- Finally, the last “classic” configuration is the seat inclination, not to be mislead with the control to fold the seat of a Volvo S90, this setting will enable you, determined by the length of your arms, to have the ideal driving posture without tiring to reach the controls
- The lumbar support: On some series, you will even be able to modify the lumbar support offered by your seat by pressing down on the backrest, a very pleasant adjustment for long trips.
How do you fold the front seat down from a Volvo S90?
After identifying all the seat settings, we will now help you to fold down the front seat of your Volvo S90. Please bear in mind that depending on the number of doors on your car the procedure will not be the same. Whether you want to fold down a front seat to transport a passenger on a 3-door Volvo S90, or whether you want to fold it down to deliver heavy stuff on a 5-door Volvo S90, it will not be the same action, here are the different methods to do it
Fold down the front seat of a 3-door Volvo S90.
As we informed you just before, whether it’s to get a person in the back seat, or to carry heavy items, understanding how to fold the front seat down from its Volvo S90 is useful. This technique is quite basic, and according to the year of your Volvo S90 the lever to fold down the front seat can be in different places, here are the 3 possible places for this command:
- At the top of the seat back near the headrest
- On the side of the seat generally in the middle of the backrest
- On the side of the seat in the middle of the seat
Pushing this lever will totally fold down the front seat back of your Volvo S90 and free the seat from its location on the rail that allows you to move the seat forward or backward, this will allow you to save even more space for an easy passenger in the rear.
Folding down the front seat of a 5-door Volvo S90
As for folding the front seat of a Volvo S90 5-door, the process is not similar because since it is not built to receive rear passengers through the front doors, your seats don’t have the same features we just talked about above. Folding the front seat of a 5-door Volvo S90 will generally only be useful if you want to carry bulky things. To do this, you’ll need to use the recline control to fold your seats. Depending on the year of your car, it can be in the form of a knob to turn, or a lever to operate to choose the inclination of your car. If you don’t have enough space and want to fold the rear seat of your Volvo S90, don’t hesitate to read our article content dedicated to this procedure.
If you want more tutorials on the Volvo S90, go to our Volvo S90 category.