If you are the new owner of a Toyota Tundra, have been lent one, or have rented one, you may not yet know all the main features of this motor vehicle. This is exactly the subject of this article, we will help you to carry out a common but essential step on 3-door cars in order to transport more than 2 persons. That’s why we are going to tell you how to fold a front seat on a Toyota Tundra, for that, first of all, we are going to review the different settings of the front seat of your motor vehicle, and, in a second part, the different methods to fold the front seat of a Toyota Tundra..
The different front seat configurations settings of an Toyota Tundra
Firstly, we’ll start our article by explaining the different adjustments existing on the front seat of a Toyota Tundra. In fact, whether or not you want to fold one of your front seats on your motor vehicle, you should know that based on the model of your car and its finish you will have have the possibility of using different settings, here are most of the settings you can have on your Toyota Tundra:
- Basic and fundamental adjustment for driving without taking risks, this configuration settings of the front seat of your Toyota Tundra enables you to adapt the distance of the seat to the pedals in order to fit the size of each person’s legs.
- This setting enables you to have a better ability to see of the road, for tiny persons we typically elevate the seat and for tall persons to lower it.
- Finally, the last “classic” configuration is the seat inclination, not to be confounded with the control to fold the seat of a Toyota Tundra, this setting will allow you, based upon the length of your arms, to have a good driving posture without tiring to reach the controls
- The lumbar support: On some series, you will even be able to modify the lumbar support given by your seat by pressing down on the backrest, a very pleasant adjustment for long trips.
How do you fold the front seat down from a Toyota Tundra?
After looking at all the seat settings, we will in this part help you to fold down the front seat of your Toyota Tundra. Please remember that according to the number of doors on your car the method will not be the same. Whether you want to fold down a front seat to transport a passenger on a 3-door Toyota Tundra, or whether you want to fold it down to transport large stuff on a 5-door Toyota Tundra, it will not be the same procedure, here are the different procedures to do it
Fold down the front seat of a 3-door Toyota Tundra.
As we told you just before, whether it’s to get a traveler in the back seat, or to carry large things, understanding how to fold the front seat down from its Toyota Tundra is important. This technique is quite common, and according to the year of your Toyota Tundra the lever to fold down the front seat can be in different places, here are the 3 possible spots for this command:
- At the top of the seat back near the headrest
- On the side of the seat usually in the middle of the backrest
- On the side of the seat in the middle of the seat
Activating this lever will totally fold down the front seat back of your Toyota Tundra and free the seat from its location on the rail that allows you to move the seat forward or backward, this will allow you to save even more space for an easy passenger in the rear.
Folding down the front seat of a 5-door Toyota Tundra
As for folding the front seat of a Toyota Tundra 5-door, the technique is not the same because since it is not made to receive rear passengers through the front doors, your seats don’t have the same functionality we just talked about earlier on. Folding the front seat of a 5-door Toyota Tundra will generally only be useful if you want to carry bulky goods. To do this, you’ll need to use the recline control to fold your seats. Depending on the year of your car, it can be in the form of a knob to turn, or a lever to operate to choose the inclination of your car. If you don’t have enough space and want to fold the rear seat of your Toyota Tundra, don’t hesitate to consult our article dedicated to this procedure.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Toyota Tundra, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota Tundra category.