If you are the new owner of a Toyota 86, have been lent one, or have leased one, you may not yet know all the specs of this car. This is precisely the subject of this article content, we will help you to conduct a common but useful procedure on 3-door cars in order to transport more than 2 persons. That’s why we are going to teach you how to fold a front seat on a Toyota 86, for that, first of all, we are going to take a look at the different configuration settings of the front seat of your car, and, in a second part, the different ways to fold the front seat of a Toyota 86..
The different front seat configurations settings of an Toyota 86
To begin, we’ll commence our article content by telling you the different adjustments available on the front seat of a Toyota 86. In fact, whether or not you want to fold one of your front seats on your car, you should know that based on the model of your car and its packages you will have access to different options, here are a good number of the settings you can find on your Toyota 86:
- Simple and fundamental adjustment for driving without taking risks, this adjustment of the front seat of your Toyota 86 permits you to modify the proximity of the seat to the pedals in order to conform to the size of each person’s legs.
- This setting permits you to have a better ability to see of the road, for small people we typically elevate the seat and for big people to lower it.
- Finally, the last “classic” configuration is the seat inclination, not to be confounded with the control to fold the seat of a Toyota 86, this setting will allow you, according to the length of your arms, to have a perfect driving posture without tiring to reach the controls
- The lumbar support: On some interior packages, you will even be able to modify the lumbar support given by your seat by pressing down on the backrest, a very pleasant adjustment for long trips.
How do you fold the front seat down from a Toyota 86?
After identifying all the seat settings, we will in this part assist you to fold down the front seat of your Toyota 86. Please be aware that depending on the number of doors on your car the method will not be the same. Whether you want to fold down a front seat to carry a passenger on a 3-door Toyota 86, or whether you want to fold it down to carry large stuff on a 5-door Toyota 86, it will not be the same process, here are the different techniques to do it
Fold down the front seat of a 3-door Toyota 86.
As we informed you before, whether it’s to get a person in the back seat, or to carry large objects, understanding how to fold the front seat down from its Toyota 86 is important. This step is quite common, and according to the year of your Toyota 86 the lever to fold down the front seat can be in different spots, here are the 3 possible spots for this command:
- At the top of the seat back near the headrest
- On the side of the seat generally in the middle of the backrest
- On the side of the seat in the middle of the seat
Pushing this lever will completely fold down the front seat back of your Toyota 86 and free the seat from its location on the rail that allows you to move the seat forward or backward, this will allow you to save even more space for an easy passenger in the rear.
Folding down the front seat of a 5-door Toyota 86
As for folding the front seat of a Toyota 86 5-door, the approach is not the same because since it is not built to receive rear passengers through the front doors, your seats don’t have the same functionality we just talked about earlier on. Folding the front seat of a 5-door Toyota 86 will generally only be useful if you want to carry bulky objects. To do this, you’ll need to use the recline control to fold your seats. Depending on the year of your car, it can be in the form of a knob to turn, or a lever to operate to choose the inclination of your car. If you don’t have enough volume and want to fold the rear seat of your Toyota 86, don’t be reluctant to read our article content dedicated to this action.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Toyota 86, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota 86 category.