If you are the new possessor of a Peugeot 308, have been lent one, or have leased one, you may not yet know all the particulars of this car. This is precisely the subject of this article, we will help you to perform a common but key step on 3-door cars in order to transport more than 2 passengers. That’s why we are going to explain you how to fold a front seat on a Peugeot 308, for that, first of all, we are going to compare the different adjustments of the front seat of your car, and, in a second part, the different techniques to fold the front seat of a Peugeot 308..
The different front seat configurations settings of an Peugeot 308
First of all, we’ll start our article by telling you the different settings existing on the front seat of a Peugeot 308. In reality, even if you want to fold one of your front seats on your motor vehicle, you should know that depending on the model of your car and its packages you will have have the possibility of using different adjustments, here are a good number of the settings you can have on your Peugeot 308:
- Simple and crucial adjustment for driving without taking risks, this configuration settings of the front seat of your Peugeot 308 enables you to adapt the proximity of the seat to the pedals in order to fit the size of each person’s legs.
- This setting enables you to have a better perspective of the road, for small people we usually raise the seat and for tall people to lower it.
- Finally, the last “classic” configuration is the seat inclination, not to be confounded with the control to fold the seat of a Peugeot 308, this setting will allow you, depending on the length of your arms, to have the ideal driving posture without tiring to reach the controls
- The lumbar support: On some series, you will even be able to adjust the lumbar support given by your seat by pressing down on the backrest, a very pleasant adjustment for long trips.
How do you fold the front seat down from a Peugeot 308?
After identifying all the seat settings, we will in this part assist you to fold down the front seat of your Peugeot 308. Please be aware that depending on the number of doors on your car the method will not be the same. Whether you want to fold down a front seat to transport a passenger on a 3-door Peugeot 308, or whether you want to fold it down to deliver large items on a 5-door Peugeot 308, it will not be the same procedure, here are the different methods to do it
Fold down the front seat of a 3-door Peugeot 308.
As we informed you just before, whether it’s to get a traveler in the back seat, or to carry large stuff, understanding how to fold the front seat down from its Peugeot 308 is useful. This technique is quite common, and according to the year of your Peugeot 308 the lever to fold down the front seat can be in different locations, here are the 3 possible places for this command:
- At the top of the seat back near the headrest
- On the side of the seat usually in the middle of the backrest
- On the side of the seat in the middle of the seat
Activating this lever will completely fold down the front seat back of your Peugeot 308 and free the seat from its location on the rail that allows you to move the seat forward or backward, this will allow you to save even more space for an easy passenger in the rear.
Folding down the front seat of a 5-door Peugeot 308
As for folding the front seat of a Peugeot 308 5-door, the process is not similar because since it is not made to receive rear passengers through the front doors, your seats don’t have the same functionality we just talked about earlier. Folding the front seat of a 5-door Peugeot 308 will generally only be useful if you want to carry bulky things. To do this, you’ll need to use the recline control to fold your seats. Depending on the year of your car, it can be in the form of a knob to turn, or a lever to operate to choose the inclination of your car. If you don’t have enough volume and want to fold the rear seat of your Peugeot 308, don’t be reluctant to read our article dedicated to this action.
To get more tips on the Peugeot 308, take a look at the Peugeot 308 category.