Perhaps you are the new possessor of a Mercedes Benz GLS Class, have been lent one, or have leased one, you may not yet know all the specs of this motor vehicle. This is precisely the subject of this article content, we will help you to execute a common but key step on 3-door cars in order to travel with more than 2 people. That’s why we are going to tell you how to fold a front seat on a Mercedes Benz GLS Class, for that, first of all, we are going to review the different adjustments of the front seat of your motor vehicle, and, in a second step, the different ways to fold the front seat of a Mercedes Benz GLS Class..
The different front seat configurations settings of an Mercedes Benz GLS Class
First of all, we’ll commence our article content by presenting the different positioning existing on the front seat of a Mercedes Benz GLS Class. In reality, regardless if you want to fold one of your front seats on your car, you should know that according to the model of your car and its packages you will have access to different configuration settings, here are most of the settings you will find on your Mercedes Benz GLS Class:
- Fundamental and fundamental adjustment for driving without taking risks, this configuration settings of the front seat of your Mercedes Benz GLS Class enables you to change the proximity of the seat to the pedals in order to conform to the size of each person’s legs.
- This setting enables you to have a better ability to see of the road, for small drivers we typically raise the seat and for tall drivers to lower it.
- Finally, the last “classic” setting is the seat inclination, not to be mislead with the control to fold the seat of a Mercedes Benz GLS Class, this setting will enable you, depending on the length of your arms, to have a good driving position without tiring to reach the controls
- The lumbar support: On some finish, you will even be able to change the lumbar support provided by your seat by pressing down on the backrest, a very pleasant adjustment for long trips.
How do you fold the front seat down from a Mercedes Benz GLS Class?
After learning about all the seat settings, we will now assist you to fold down the front seat of your Mercedes Benz GLS Class. Please remember that depending on the number of doors on your car the procedure will not be the same. Whether you want to fold down a front seat to fit a passenger on a 3-door Mercedes Benz GLS Class, or whether you want to fold it down to deliver large stuff on a 5-door Mercedes Benz GLS Class, it will not be the same procedure, here are the different procedures to do it
Fold down the front seat of a 3-door Mercedes Benz GLS Class.
As we advised you earlier, whether it’s to get a passenger in the back seat, or to carry large stuff, knowing how to fold the front seat down from its Mercedes Benz GLS Class is important. This technique is quite common, and depending on the year of your Mercedes Benz GLS Class the lever to fold down the front seat can be in different places, here are the 3 possible places for this command:
- At the top of the seat back near the headrest
- On the side of the seat in general in the middle of the backrest
- On the side of the seat in the middle of the seat
Activating this lever will totally fold down the front seat back of your Mercedes Benz GLS Class and free the seat from its location on the rail that allows you to move the seat forward or backward, this will allow you to save even more space for an easy passenger in the rear.
Folding down the front seat of a 5-door Mercedes Benz GLS Class
As for folding the front seat of a Mercedes Benz GLS Class 5-door, the technique is not similar because since it is not intended to receive rear passengers through the front doors, your seats don’t have the same features we just talked about earlier. Folding the front seat of a 5-door Mercedes Benz GLS Class will generally only be useful if you want to carry bulky objects. To do this, you’ll need to use the recline control to fold your seats. Depending on the year of your car, it can be in the form of a knob to turn, or a lever to operate to choose the inclination of your car. If you don’t have enough space and want to fold the rear seat of your Mercedes Benz GLS Class, don’t hesitate to read our article content dedicated to this procedure.
If you wish more guides on the Mercedes Benz GLS Class, go to our Mercedes Benz GLS Class category.