Perhaps you are the new possessor of a Mazda CX 3, have been lent one, or have leased one, you may not yet know all the details of this car. This is specifically the subject of this content page, we will help you to conduct a basic but essential step on 3-door cars to be able to transport more than 2 passengers. That’s why we are going to show you how to fold a front seat on a Mazda CX 3, for that, first of all, we are going to take a look at the different settings of the front seat of your car, and, in a second part, the different methods to fold the front seat of a Mazda CX 3..
The different front seat adjustments of an Mazda CX 3
To begin, we’ll commence our content page by describing the different positioning existing on the front seat of a Mazda CX 3. Indeed, even if you want to fold one of your front seats on your car, you should know that based on the model of your car and its packages you will have access to different settings, here are the vast majority of the settings you will find on your Mazda CX 3:
- Standard and crucial adjustment for driving without taking risks, this configuration settings of the front seat of your Mazda CX 3 allows you to adapt the distance of the seat to the pedals to be able to fit the size of each person’s legs.
- This setting allows you to have a better perspective of the road, for tiny drivers we usually bring up the seat and for tall drivers to lower it.
- Finally, the last “classic” configuration is the seat inclination, not to be confused with the control to fold the seat of a Mazda CX 3, this setting will allow you, dependent on the length of your arms, to have a perfect driving position without tiring to reach the controls
- The lumbar support: On some interior packages, you will in addition be able to change the lumbar support given by your seat by pressing down on the backrest, a very pleasant adjustment for long trips.
How do you fold the front seat down from a Mazda CX 3?
After identifying all the seat configurations, we will in this part help you to fold down the front seat of your Mazda CX 3. Please be aware that according to the number of doors on your car the process will not be the same. Whether you want to fold down a front seat to drive a passenger on a 3-door Mazda CX 3, or whether you want to fold it down to transport bulky stuff on a 5-door Mazda CX 3, it will not be the same technique, here are the different methods to do it
Fold down the front seat of a 3-door Mazda CX 3.
As we told you before, whether it’s to get a passenger in the back seat, or to carry bulky items, understanding how to fold the front seat down from its Mazda CX 3 is essential. This procedure is quite basic, and according to the year of your Mazda CX 3 the lever to fold down the front seat can be in different locations, here are the 3 possible places for this command:
- At the top of the seat back near the headrest
- On the side of the seat usually in the middle of the backrest
- On the side of the seat in the middle of the seat
Pushing this lever will completely fold down the front seat back of your Mazda CX 3 and free the seat from its location on the rail that allows you to move the seat forward or backward, this will allow you to save even more space for an easy passenger in the rear.
Folding down the front seat of a 5-door Mazda CX 3
As for folding the front seat of a Mazda CX 3 5-door, the technique is not similar because since it is not made to receive rear passengers through the front doors, your seats don’t have the same features we just talked about earlier. Folding the front seat of a 5-door Mazda CX 3 will generally only be useful if you want to carry bulky goods. To do this, you’ll need to use the recline control to fold your seats. Depending on the year of your car, it can be in the form of a knob to turn, or a lever to operate to choose the inclination of your car. If you don’t have enough volume and want to fold the rear seat of your Mazda CX 3, don’t be reluctant to consult our content page dedicated to this action.
If you need more guides on the Mazda CX 3, go to our Mazda CX 3 category.