If you are the new possessor of a Lexus ES, have been lent one, or have rented one, you may not yet know all the specs of this car. This is specifically the subject of this content page, we will help you to accomplish a common but essential step on 3-door cars to be able to travel with more than 2 persons. That’s why we are going to teach you how to fold a front seat on a Lexus ES, for that, first of all, we are going to take a look at the different configuration settings of the front seat of your car, and, in a second step, the different techniques to fold the front seat of a Lexus ES..
The different front seat configurations settings of an Lexus ES
Firstly, we’ll start our content page by explaining the different adjustments available on the front seat of a Lexus ES. In fact, regardless if you want to fold one of your front seats on your car, you should know that based on the model of your car and its finish you will have access to different options, here are the vast majority of the settings you can find on your Lexus ES:
- Basic and essential adjustment for driving without taking risks, this configuration settings of the front seat of your Lexus ES allows you to modify the proximity of the seat to the pedals to be able to adapt to the size of each person’s legs.
- This setting allows you to have a better ability to see of the road, for tiny drivers we usually raise the seat and for big drivers to lower it.
- Finally, the last “classic” configuration is the seat inclination, not to be confused with the control to fold the seat of a Lexus ES, this setting will allow you, according to the length of your arms, to have the best driving position without tiring to reach the controls
- The lumbar support: On some series, you will in addition be able to change the lumbar support provided by your seat by pressing down on the backrest, a very pleasant adjustment for long trips.
How do you fold the front seat down from a Lexus ES?
After discovering all the seat adjustments, we will in this part help you to fold down the front seat of your Lexus ES. Please take note that depending on the number of doors on your car the operation will not be the same. Whether you want to fold down a front seat to carry a passenger on a 3-door Lexus ES, or whether you want to fold it down to transport heavy objects on a 5-door Lexus ES, it will not be the same technique, here are the different procedures to do it
Fold down the front seat of a 3-door Lexus ES.
As we advised you ahead of, whether it’s to get a traveler in the back seat, or to carry heavy products, knowing how to fold the front seat down from its Lexus ES is important. This technique is quite common, and depending on the year of your Lexus ES the lever to fold down the front seat can be in different places, here are the 3 possible spots for this command:
- At the top of the seat back near the headrest
- On the side of the seat usually in the middle of the backrest
- On the side of the seat in the middle of the seat
Pushing this lever will completely fold down the front seat back of your Lexus ES and free the seat from its location on the rail that allows you to move the seat forward or backward, this will allow you to save even more space for an easy passenger in the rear.
Folding down the front seat of a 5-door Lexus ES
As for folding the front seat of a Lexus ES 5-door, the process is not similar because since it is not built to receive rear passengers through the front doors, your seats don’t have the same features we just talked about above. Folding the front seat of a 5-door Lexus ES will generally only be useful if you want to carry bulky things. To do this, you’ll need to use the recline control to fold your seats. Depending on the year of your car, it can be in the form of a knob to turn, or a lever to operate to choose the inclination of your car. If you don’t have enough volume and want to fold the rear seat of your Lexus ES, don’t be reluctant to read our content page dedicated to this procedure.
To discover more tips on the Lexus ES, take a look at the Lexus ES category.