Regardless you are the new possessor of a Ford Kuga, have been lent one, or have leased one, you may not yet know all the details of this car. This is exactly the subject of this article content, we will help you to carry out a basic but essential task on 3-door cars in order to travel with more than 2 people. That’s why we are going to explain you how to fold a front seat on a Ford Kuga, for that, first of all, we are going to take a look at the different settings of the front seat of your car, and, in a second part, the different methods to fold the front seat of a Ford Kuga..
The different front seat configurations settings of an Ford Kuga
First of all, we’ll start our article content by presenting the different configurations existing on the front seat of a Ford Kuga. In fact, even if you want to fold one of your front seats on your vehicle, you should know that according to the model of your car and its packages you will have access to different settings, here are a good number of the settings you can find on your Ford Kuga:
- Simple and essential adjustment for driving without taking risks, this configuration settings of the front seat of your Ford Kuga permits you to adapt the distance of the seat to the pedals in order to fit the size of each person’s legs.
- This setting permits you to have a better perspective of the road, for small drivers we typically elevate the seat and for big drivers to lower it.
- Finally, the last “classic” configuration is the seat inclination, not to be confounded with the control to fold the seat of a Ford Kuga, this setting will enable you, according to the length of your arms, to have a perfect driving posture without tiring to reach the controls
- The lumbar support: On some series, you will also be able to change the lumbar support offered by your seat by pressing down on the backrest, a very pleasant adjustment for long trips.
How do you fold the front seat down from a Ford Kuga?
After finding out about all the seat settings, we will now help you to fold down the front seat of your Ford Kuga. Please take note that depending on the number of doors on your car the operation will not be the same. Whether you want to fold down a front seat to fit a passenger on a 3-door Ford Kuga, or whether you want to fold it down to transport large stuff on a 5-door Ford Kuga, it will not be the same approach, here are the different methods to do it
Fold down the front seat of a 3-door Ford Kuga.
As we informed you ahead of, whether it’s to get a traveler in the back seat, or to carry large objects, understanding how to fold the front seat down from its Ford Kuga is important. This procedure is quite basic, and according to the year of your Ford Kuga the lever to fold down the front seat can be in different locations, here are the 3 possible locations for this command:
- At the top of the seat back near the headrest
- On the side of the seat in most cases in the middle of the backrest
- On the side of the seat in the middle of the seat
Pushing this lever will completely fold down the front seat back of your Ford Kuga and free the seat from its location on the rail that allows you to move the seat forward or backward, this will allow you to save even more space for an easy passenger in the rear.
Folding down the front seat of a 5-door Ford Kuga
As for folding the front seat of a Ford Kuga 5-door, the process is not the same because since it is not built to receive rear passengers through the front doors, your seats don’t have the same features we just talked about above. Folding the front seat of a 5-door Ford Kuga will generally only be useful if you want to carry bulky items. To do this, you’ll need to use the recline control to fold your seats. Depending on the year of your car, it can be in the form of a knob to turn, or a lever to operate to choose the inclination of your car. If you don’t have enough volume and want to fold the rear seat of your Ford Kuga, don’t be reluctant to consult our article content dedicated to this action.
If you wish more guides on the Ford Kuga, go to our Ford Kuga category.