Regardless you are the new owner of a Fiat Punto 2, have been lent one, or have rented one, you may not yet know all the details of this car. This is specifically the subject of this article content, we will help you to conduct a common but key task on 3-door cars in order to transport more than 2 people. That’s why we are going to teach you how to fold a front seat on a Fiat Punto 2, for that, first of all, we are going to review the different configuration settings of the front seat of your car, and, in a second part, the different ways to fold the front seat of a Fiat Punto 2..
The different front seat adjustments of an Fiat Punto 2
To begin, we’ll start our article content by detailing the different settings available on the front seat of a Fiat Punto 2. In fact, regardless if you want to fold one of your front seats on your motor vehicle, you should know that based on the model of your car and its packages you will have have the possibility of using different settings, here are the majority of the settings you can have on your Fiat Punto 2:
- Simple and crucial adjustment for driving without taking risks, this configuration settings of the front seat of your Fiat Punto 2 enables you to adjust the distance of the seat to the pedals in order to conform to the size of each person’s legs.
- This setting enables you to have a better perspective of the road, for tiny people we often raise the seat and for tall people to lower it.
- Finally, the last “classic” configuration is the seat inclination, not to be confused with the control to fold the seat of a Fiat Punto 2, this setting will allow you, determined by the length of your arms, to have a perfect driving posture without tiring to reach the controls
- The lumbar support: On some finish, you will even be able to change the lumbar support offered by your seat by pressing down on the backrest, a very pleasant adjustment for long trips.
How do you fold the front seat down from a Fiat Punto 2?
After finding out about all the seat configurations, we will in this part assist you to fold down the front seat of your Fiat Punto 2. Please take note that according to the number of doors on your car the operation will not be the same. Whether you want to fold down a front seat to drive a passenger on a 3-door Fiat Punto 2, or whether you want to fold it down to carry large objects on a 5-door Fiat Punto 2, it will not be the same procedure, here are the different ways to do it
Fold down the front seat of a 3-door Fiat Punto 2.
As we explained to you earlier, whether it’s to get a passenger in the back seat, or to carry large products, understanding how to fold the front seat down from its Fiat Punto 2 is useful. This technique is quite common, and depending on the year of your Fiat Punto 2 the lever to fold down the front seat can be in different spots, here are the 3 possible locations for this command:
- At the top of the seat back near the headrest
- On the side of the seat commonly in the middle of the backrest
- On the side of the seat in the middle of the seat
Pushing this lever will totally fold down the front seat back of your Fiat Punto 2 and free the seat from its location on the rail that allows you to move the seat forward or backward, this will allow you to save even more space for an easy passenger in the rear.
Folding down the front seat of a 5-door Fiat Punto 2
As for folding the front seat of a Fiat Punto 2 5-door, the approach is not the same because since it is not designed to receive rear passengers through the front doors, your seats don’t have the same functionality we just talked about earlier. Folding the front seat of a 5-door Fiat Punto 2 will generally only be useful if you want to carry bulky stuff. To do this, you’ll need to use the recline control to fold your seats. Depending on the year of your car, it can be in the form of a knob to turn, or a lever to operate to choose the inclination of your car. If you don’t have enough space and want to fold the rear seat of your Fiat Punto 2, don’t hesitate to consult our article content dedicated to this action.
If you wish more tutorials on the Fiat Punto 2, go to our Fiat Punto 2 category.