Whether you are the new owner of a Chevrolet Sonic, have been lent one, or have leased one, you may not yet know all the details of this motor vehicle. This is exactly the subject of this short post, we will help you to conduct a common but important procedure on 3-door cars to be able to travel with more than 2 people. That’s why we are going to explain you how to fold a front seat on a Chevrolet Sonic, for that, first of all, we are going to talk about the different adjustments of the front seat of your motor vehicle, and, in a second part, the different ways to fold the front seat of a Chevrolet Sonic..
The different front seat configurations settings of an Chevrolet Sonic
To begin, we’ll start our short post by describing the different adjustments existing on the front seat of a Chevrolet Sonic. In reality, regardless if you want to fold one of your front seats on your motor vehicle, you should know that based on the model of your car and its packages you will have access to different configuration settings, here are most of the settings you can find on your Chevrolet Sonic:
- Standard and crucial adjustment for driving without taking risks, this adjustment of the front seat of your Chevrolet Sonic permits you to change the proximity of the seat to the pedals to be able to adapt to the size of each person’s legs.
- This setting permits you to have a better perspective of the road, for tiny drivers we tend to elevate the seat and for tall drivers to lower it.
- Finally, the last “classic” configuration is the seat inclination, not to be confounded with the control to fold the seat of a Chevrolet Sonic, this setting will enable you, dependent on the length of your arms, to have an ideal driving position without tiring to reach the controls
- The lumbar support: On some interior packages, you will also be able to adjust the lumbar support given by your seat by pressing down on the backrest, a very pleasant adjustment for long trips.
How do you fold the front seat down from a Chevrolet Sonic?
After discovering all the seat adjustments, we will now help you to fold down the front seat of your Chevrolet Sonic. Please remember that according to the number of doors on your car the process will not be the same. Whether you want to fold down a front seat to fit a passenger on a 3-door Chevrolet Sonic, or whether you want to fold it down to deliver bulky objects on a 5-door Chevrolet Sonic, it will not be the same process, here are the different techniques to do it
Fold down the front seat of a 3-door Chevrolet Sonic.
As we informed you ahead of, whether it’s to get a passenger in the back seat, or to carry bulky products, understanding how to fold the front seat down from its Chevrolet Sonic is important. This technique is quite common, and according to the year of your Chevrolet Sonic the lever to fold down the front seat can be in different spots, here are the 3 possible locations for this command:
- At the top of the seat back near the headrest
- On the side of the seat in most cases in the middle of the backrest
- On the side of the seat in the middle of the seat
Pressing this lever will totally fold down the front seat back of your Chevrolet Sonic and free the seat from its location on the rail that allows you to move the seat forward or backward, this will allow you to save even more space for an easy passenger in the rear.
Folding down the front seat of a 5-door Chevrolet Sonic
As for folding the front seat of a Chevrolet Sonic 5-door, the procedure is not the same because since it is not intended to receive rear passengers through the front doors, your seats don’t have the same features we just talked about earlier on. Folding the front seat of a 5-door Chevrolet Sonic will generally only be useful if you want to carry bulky things. To do this, you’ll need to use the recline control to fold your seats. Depending on the year of your car, it can be in the form of a knob to turn, or a lever to operate to choose the inclination of your car. If you don’t have enough space and want to fold the rear seat of your Chevrolet Sonic, don’t hesitate to read our short post dedicated to this action.
If you wish more tutorials on the Chevrolet Sonic, go to our Chevrolet Sonic category.