Perhaps you are the new possessor of a Chevrolet Impala, have been lent one, or have leased one, you may not yet know all the main features of this car. This is specifically the subject of this content page, we will help you to accomplish a simple but key procedure on 3-door cars to be able to transport more than 2 people. That’s why we are going to show you how to fold a front seat on a Chevrolet Impala, for that, first of all, we are going to compare the different settings of the front seat of your car, and, in a second step, the different techniques to fold the front seat of a Chevrolet Impala..
The different front seat configurations settings of an Chevrolet Impala
Firstly, we’ll start our content page by describing the different adjustments available on the front seat of a Chevrolet Impala. In fact, regardless if you want to fold one of your front seats on your vehicle, you should know that according to the model of your car and its finish you will have have the possibility of using different options, here are the majority of the settings you can find on your Chevrolet Impala:
- Standard and crucial adjustment for driving without taking risks, this adjustment of the front seat of your Chevrolet Impala enables you to change the proximity of the seat to the pedals to be able to fit the size of each person’s legs.
- This setting enables you to have a better ability to see of the road, for tiny drivers we often elevate the seat and for tall drivers to lower it.
- Finally, the last “classic” configuration is the seat inclination, not to be confused with the control to fold the seat of a Chevrolet Impala, this setting will allow you, determined by the length of your arms, to have the best driving posture without tiring to reach the controls
- The lumbar support: On some series, you will also be able to change the lumbar support offered by your seat by pressing down on the backrest, a very pleasant adjustment for long trips.
How do you fold the front seat down from a Chevrolet Impala?
After finding out about all the seat configurations, we will in this part assist you to fold down the front seat of your Chevrolet Impala. Please bear in mind that according to the number of doors on your car the method will not be the same. Whether you want to fold down a front seat to fit a passenger on a 3-door Chevrolet Impala, or whether you want to fold it down to carry bulky stuff on a 5-door Chevrolet Impala, it will not be the same method, here are the different procedures to do it
Fold down the front seat of a 3-door Chevrolet Impala.
As we explained to you ahead of, whether it’s to get a traveler in the back seat, or to carry bulky things, knowing how to fold the front seat down from its Chevrolet Impala is important. This procedure is quite simple, and according to the year of your Chevrolet Impala the lever to fold down the front seat can be in different locations, here are the 3 possible spots for this command:
- At the top of the seat back near the headrest
- On the side of the seat in most cases in the middle of the backrest
- On the side of the seat in the middle of the seat
Pushing this lever will completely fold down the front seat back of your Chevrolet Impala and free the seat from its location on the rail that allows you to move the seat forward or backward, this will allow you to save even more space for an easy passenger in the rear.
Folding down the front seat of a 5-door Chevrolet Impala
As for folding the front seat of a Chevrolet Impala 5-door, the technique is not the same because since it is not intended to receive rear passengers through the front doors, your seats don’t have the same functionality we just talked about earlier on. Folding the front seat of a 5-door Chevrolet Impala will generally only be useful if you want to carry bulky stuff. To do this, you’ll need to use the recline control to fold your seats. Depending on the year of your car, it can be in the form of a knob to turn, or a lever to operate to choose the inclination of your car. If you don’t have enough space and want to fold the rear seat of your Chevrolet Impala, don’t hesitate to consult our content page dedicated to this manipulation.
If you need more guides on the Chevrolet Impala, go to our Chevrolet Impala category.