Regardless you are the new owner of a BMW X6, have been lent one, or have leased one, you may not yet know all the specs of this car. This is exactly the subject of this short post, we will help you to execute a simple but key step on 3-door cars to be able to transport more than 2 persons. That’s why we are going to explain you how to fold a front seat on a BMW X6, for that, first of all, we are going to take a look at the different settings of the front seat of your car, and, in a second step, the different ways to fold the front seat of a BMW X6..
The different front seat configurations settings of an BMW X6
To start, we’ll commence our short post by explaining the different settings available on the front seat of a BMW X6. Indeed, even if you want to fold one of your front seats on your vehicle, you should know that depending on the model of your car and its finish you will have have the possibility of using different settings, here are the vast majority of the settings you can have on your BMW X6:
- Basic and essential adjustment for driving without taking risks, this configuration settings of the front seat of your BMW X6 enables you to change the distance of the seat to the pedals to be able to fit the size of each person’s legs.
- This setting enables you to have a better vision of the road, for small persons we usually elevate the seat and for big persons to lower it.
- Finally, the last “classic” configuration is the seat inclination, not to be mislead with the control to fold the seat of a BMW X6, this setting will allow you, dependent on the length of your arms, to have the ideal driving position without tiring to reach the controls
- The lumbar support: On some interior packages, you will in addition be able to change the lumbar support given by your seat by pressing down on the backrest, a very pleasant adjustment for long trips.
How do you fold the front seat down from a BMW X6?
After finding out about all the seat adjustments, we will in this part help you to fold down the front seat of your BMW X6. Please take note that depending on the number of doors on your car the operation will not be the same. Whether you want to fold down a front seat to drive a passenger on a 3-door BMW X6, or whether you want to fold it down to transport heavy stuff on a 5-door BMW X6, it will not be the same technique, here are the different methods to do it
Fold down the front seat of a 3-door BMW X6.
As we informed you ahead of, whether it’s to get a person in the back seat, or to carry heavy items, knowing how to fold the front seat down from its BMW X6 is useful. This step is quite simple, and depending on the year of your BMW X6 the lever to fold down the front seat can be in different spots, here are the 3 possible spots for this command:
- At the top of the seat back near the headrest
- On the side of the seat in general in the middle of the backrest
- On the side of the seat in the middle of the seat
Pressing this lever will totally fold down the front seat back of your BMW X6 and free the seat from its location on the rail that allows you to move the seat forward or backward, this will allow you to save even more space for an easy passenger in the rear.
Folding down the front seat of a 5-door BMW X6
As for folding the front seat of a BMW X6 5-door, the method is not the same because since it is not made to receive rear passengers through the front doors, your seats don’t have the same features we just talked about above. Folding the front seat of a 5-door BMW X6 will generally only be useful if you want to carry bulky goods. To do this, you’ll need to use the recline control to fold your seats. Depending on the year of your car, it can be in the form of a knob to turn, or a lever to operate to choose the inclination of your car. If you don’t have enough volume and want to fold the rear seat of your BMW X6, don’t hesitate to read our short post dedicated to this procedure.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the BMW X6, do not hesitate to consult our BMW X6 category.