If you are the new owner of a Bmw Serie 1 F20, have been lent one, or have rented one, you may not yet know all the particulars of this motor vehicle. This is specifically the subject of this article, we will help you to perform a simple but key task on 3-door cars in order to travel with more than 2 passengers. That’s why we are going to show you how to fold a front seat on a Bmw Serie 1 F20, for that, first of all, we are going to compare the different adjustments of the front seat of your motor vehicle, and, in a second step, the different methods to fold the front seat of a Bmw Serie 1 F20..
The different front seat configurations settings of an Bmw Serie 1 F20
Firstly, we’ll commence our article by presenting the different adjustments existing on the front seat of a Bmw Serie 1 F20. In fact, regardless if you want to fold one of your front seats on your motor vehicle, you should know that depending on the model of your car and its finish you will have access to different configuration settings, here are a good number of the settings you will find on your Bmw Serie 1 F20:
- Simple and crucial adjustment for driving without taking risks, this adjustment of the front seat of your Bmw Serie 1 F20 permits you to adjust the distance of the seat to the pedals in order to fit the size of each person’s legs.
- This setting permits you to have a better vision of the road, for tiny drivers we typically elevate the seat and for tall drivers to lower it.
- Finally, the last “classic” setting is the seat inclination, not to be confounded with the control to fold the seat of a Bmw Serie 1 F20, this setting will enable you, dependent on the length of your arms, to have a good driving posture without tiring to reach the controls
- The lumbar support: On some interior packages, you will even be able to change the lumbar support given by your seat by pressing down on the backrest, a very pleasant adjustment for long trips.
How do you fold the front seat down from a Bmw Serie 1 F20?
After discovering all the seat configurations, we will now assist you to fold down the front seat of your Bmw Serie 1 F20. Please bear in mind that subject to the number of doors on your car the operation will not be the same. Whether you want to fold down a front seat to fit a passenger on a 3-door Bmw Serie 1 F20, or whether you want to fold it down to deliver bulky stuff on a 5-door Bmw Serie 1 F20, it will not be the same procedure, here are the different methods to do it
Fold down the front seat of a 3-door Bmw Serie 1 F20.
As we informed you just before, whether it’s to get a traveler in the back seat, or to carry bulky items, understanding how to fold the front seat down from its Bmw Serie 1 F20 is important. This step is quite simple, and depending on the year of your Bmw Serie 1 F20 the lever to fold down the front seat can be in different locations, here are the 3 possible places for this command:
- At the top of the seat back near the headrest
- On the side of the seat almost always in the middle of the backrest
- On the side of the seat in the middle of the seat
Activating this lever will completely fold down the front seat back of your Bmw Serie 1 F20 and free the seat from its location on the rail that allows you to move the seat forward or backward, this will allow you to save even more space for an easy passenger in the rear.
Folding down the front seat of a 5-door Bmw Serie 1 F20
As for folding the front seat of a Bmw Serie 1 F20 5-door, the procedure is not the same because since it is not intended to receive rear passengers through the front doors, your seats don’t have the same features we just talked about earlier. Folding the front seat of a 5-door Bmw Serie 1 F20 will generally only be useful if you want to carry bulky things. To do this, you’ll need to use the recline control to fold your seats. Depending on the year of your car, it can be in the form of a knob to turn, or a lever to operate to choose the inclination of your car. If you don’t have enough volume and want to fold the rear seat of your Bmw Serie 1 F20, don’t hesitate to read our article dedicated to this procedure.
If you need more tutorials on the Bmw Serie 1 F20, go to our Bmw Serie 1 F20 category.