Regardless you are the new possessor of a BMW 3 Series, have been lent one, or have leased one, you may not yet know all the specifics of this motor vehicle. This is precisely the subject of this content page, we will help you to conduct a simple but useful step on 3-door cars to be able to transport more than 2 people. That’s why we are going to tell you how to fold a front seat on a BMW 3 Series, for that, first of all, we are going to talk about the different adjustments of the front seat of your motor vehicle, and, in a second part, the different techniques to fold the front seat of a BMW 3 Series..
The different front seat adjustments of an BMW 3 Series
To begin, we’ll commence our content page by detailing the different configurations existing on the front seat of a BMW 3 Series. In reality, regardless if you want to fold one of your front seats on your vehicle, you should know that based on the model of your car and its finish you will have access to different configuration settings, here are the vast majority of the settings you can find on your BMW 3 Series:
- Standard and crucial adjustment for driving without taking risks, this configuration settings of the front seat of your BMW 3 Series permits you to change the proximity of the seat to the pedals to be able to conform to the size of each person’s legs.
- This setting permits you to have a better perspective of the road, for tiny drivers we tend to bring up the seat and for big drivers to lower it.
- Finally, the last “classic” setting is the seat inclination, not to be mislead with the control to fold the seat of a BMW 3 Series, this setting will allow you, based upon the length of your arms, to have the best driving posture without tiring to reach the controls
- The lumbar support: On some finish, you will also be able to adjust the lumbar support given by your seat by pressing down on the backrest, a very pleasant adjustment for long trips.
How do you fold the front seat down from a BMW 3 Series?
After finding out about all the seat adjustments, we will in this part help you to fold down the front seat of your BMW 3 Series. Please bear in mind that subject to the number of doors on your car the procedure will not be the same. Whether you want to fold down a front seat to carry a passenger on a 3-door BMW 3 Series, or whether you want to fold it down to transport bulky objects on a 5-door BMW 3 Series, it will not be the same action, here are the different techniques to do it
Fold down the front seat of a 3-door BMW 3 Series.
As we explained to you ahead of, whether it’s to get a passenger in the back seat, or to carry bulky stuff, knowing how to fold the front seat down from its BMW 3 Series is essential. This step is quite simple, and according to the year of your BMW 3 Series the lever to fold down the front seat can be in different locations, here are the 3 possible places for this command:
- At the top of the seat back near the headrest
- On the side of the seat in most cases in the middle of the backrest
- On the side of the seat in the middle of the seat
Pressing this lever will totally fold down the front seat back of your BMW 3 Series and free the seat from its location on the rail that allows you to move the seat forward or backward, this will allow you to save even more space for an easy passenger in the rear.
Folding down the front seat of a 5-door BMW 3 Series
As for folding the front seat of a BMW 3 Series 5-door, the procedure is not the same because since it is not intended to receive rear passengers through the front doors, your seats don’t have the same functionality we just talked about earlier. Folding the front seat of a 5-door BMW 3 Series will generally only be useful if you want to carry bulky stuff. To do this, you’ll need to use the recline control to fold your seats. Depending on the year of your car, it can be in the form of a knob to turn, or a lever to operate to choose the inclination of your car. If you don’t have enough space and want to fold the rear seat of your BMW 3 Series, don’t hesitate to read our content page dedicated to this manipulation.
To get more tips on the BMW 3 Series, take a look at the BMW 3 Series category.