Some tasks may appear to be easy to perform on your motor vehicle, however, each car is different and when you buy a new one, lend it to you, or rent one, it is not always easy to carry them out. That’s why today we’re going to demonstrate you how to fold the side mirrors of your Volkswagen Golf 5. Certainly, when you park in the city center, or leave your car parked for a little while, it’s better to fold them down to prevent any problems. To answer this query, first, we will detail the different kind of side mirrors that really exist, then, in a second part, how to fold down the side mirrors of your Volkswagen Golf 5, and, finally, the possible concerns you may come across.
Different sort of side mirrors on a Volkswagen Golf 5
Before we teach you the exact technique for folding the mirrors of your Volkswagen Golf 5, we will rather quickly check out the different kind of mirrors that can be found. In reality, regardless if it is not the most technical gear of a car, there are diverse kinds of side mirrors that will generally be related to the exterior packages of your car, here they are:
- Manually foldable and manually adjustable side mirrors.
- Manual and power-folding mirrors
- Power-adjustable auto-folding side mirrors
How to fold the side mirrors on a Volkswagen Golf 5?
We will now find out why you came on this document, how to fold the side mirrors of a Volkswagen Golf 5? As we outlined above, each kind of mirror folds in a specific method, find down below each of the actions to perform
How do you fold manual side mirrors on a Volkswagen Golf 5?
- Folding Volkswagen Golf 5 manual side mirrors: For this sort of mirror, nothing could be much easier, you stand in front of your mirror and push it towards the inside, towards the rear of the car. There should be a notch to be passed by applying a sufficiently strong pressure
- Manual electric folding side mirrors on Volkswagen Golf 5: Watch out on this sort of mirror, verify that they fold manually and not electrically, you will find info on the user manual of your Volkswagen Golf 5.
How do you fold the automatic side mirrors on a Volkswagen Golf 5?
To finish , for this last sort of mirror, nothing could be less complicated, your side mirrors will fold down and open whenever you open or close the doors of your Volkswagen Golf 5. On some automatic models, you can still fold down your mirrors by hand, although you’ll have to be very attentive, generally when you fold them down manually, you’ll have to open them through the electric opening to reset the mirrors’ travel.
Issue with the side mirror not folding over on my Volkswagen Golf 5 anymore?
If you are in the situation that a side mirror on your Volkswagen Golf 5 doesn’t want to fold down anymore we will try to help you solve your problem:
- Manual side mirror Volkswagen Golf 5 that won’t fold down: In this case, there must be a thing blocking its joint, or it’s been forced and it can’t fold down, look at that side of it.
- Automatic electric side mirror Volkswagen Golf 5 that doesn’t fold down anymore: In this case, there can be several complications, you may have deactivated the automatic folding, please look in your instruction manual how to do the process because based on the year of your car it can be different. If it is rather an engine issue, you will surely have to change the engine of the mirror, this occurs frequently when a mirror has been forced by hand.
To discover more tips on the Volkswagen Golf 5, take a look at the Volkswagen Golf 5 category.