Some manipulations may seem obvious to conduct on your car, however, each car is distinct and when you buy a new one, lend it to you, or rent one, it is not always easy to carry them out. That’s why in this post we’re going to teach you how to fold the side mirrors of your Nissan NV. In fact, when you park in the CBD, or leave your car parked for a little while, it’s better to fold them down to prevent any damage. To answer this query, first, we will detail the different versions of side mirrors that can be found, then, in a second part, how to fold down the side mirrors of your Nissan NV, and, finally, the possible problems you may encounter.
Different kind of side mirrors on a Nissan NV
Before we show you the exact process for folding the mirrors of your Nissan NV, we will fairly quickly determine the different versions of mirrors that can be found. In fact, regardless if it is not the most technical gear of a car, there are diverse types of side mirrors that will generally be related to the exterior packages of your car, here they are:
- Manually foldable and manually adjustable side mirrors.
- Manual and power-folding mirrors
- Power-adjustable auto-folding side mirrors
How to fold the side mirrors on a Nissan NV?
It’s time to find out why you arrived on this article, how to fold the side mirrors of a Nissan NV? As we described above, each sort of mirror folds in a specific method, find below each of the actions to perform
How do you fold manual side mirrors on a Nissan NV?
- Folding Nissan NV manual side mirrors: For this kind of mirror, nothing could be less difficult, you stand in front of your mirror and push it towards the inside, towards the rear of the car. There must be a notch to be passed by applying a sufficiently strong force
- Manual electric folding side mirrors on Nissan NV: Be careful on this kind of mirror, verify that they fold manually and not electrically, you will find details on the owners manual of your Nissan NV.
How do you fold the automatic side mirrors on a Nissan NV?
To finish , for this last style of mirror, nothing could be less complicated, your side mirrors will fold down and open anytime you open or lock your Nissan NV. On some automatic versions, you can still fold down your mirrors manually, but you’ll have to be very attentive, generally when you fold them down manually, you’ll have to open them via the electric opening to reset the mirrors’ travel.
Trouble with the side mirror not folding over on my Nissan NV anymore?
If you are in the situation that a side mirror on your Nissan NV doesn’t want to fold down anymore we will try to help you solve your problem:
- Manual side mirror Nissan NV that won’t fold down: In that case, there must be something obstructing its articulation, or it’s been forced and it can’t fold down, look at that side of it.
- Automatic electric side mirror Nissan NV that doesn’t fold down anymore: In this case, there can be several concerns, you may have deactivated the automatic folding, please look in your owners manual how to do the technique because determined by the year of your car it can be different. If it is rather an engine issue, you will surely have to change the engine of the mirror, this happens frequently when a mirror has been forced by hand.
To find more tips on the Nissan NV, take a look at the Nissan NV category.