Some manipulations may appear easy to perform on your car, however, each car is distinct and when you buy a new one, lend it to you, or rent one, it is not always easy to carry them out. That’s why today we’re going to explain you how to fold the side mirrors of your Mini Mini 3. In reality, when you park in the city center, or leave your car stopped for a little while, it’s better to fold them down to prevent any damage. To answer this query, first, we will detail the different versions of side mirrors that exist, then, in a second step, how to fold down the side mirrors of your Mini Mini 3, and, to clonclude, the possible problems you may encounter.
Different types of side mirrors on a Mini Mini 3
Before we show you the exact approach for folding the mirrors of your Mini Mini 3, we will rather quickly discover the different versions of mirrors that can be found. In fact, regardless if it is not the most complex equipment of a car, there are diverse sorts of side mirrors that will generally be linked to the finish of your car, here they are:
- Manually foldable and manually adjustable side mirrors.
- Manual and power-folding mirrors
- Power-adjustable auto-folding side mirrors
How to fold the side mirrors on a Mini Mini 3?
It’s time to find out why you arrived on this document, how to fold the side mirrors of a Mini Mini 3? As we outlined above, each version of mirror folds in a specific way, find below each of the actions to perform
How do you fold manual side mirrors on a Mini Mini 3?
- Folding Mini Mini 3 manual side mirrors: For this type of mirror, nothing could be easier, you stand in front of your mirror and push it towards the inside, towards the rear of the car. There should be a notch to be passed by applying a sufficiently strong force
- Manual electric folding side mirrors on Mini Mini 3: Watch out on this type of mirror, verify that they fold manually and not electrically, you will find details on the owners manual of your Mini Mini 3.
How do you fold the automatic side mirrors on a Mini Mini 3?
To conclude, for this last kind of mirror, nothing could be easier, your side mirrors will fold down and open anytime you open or close the doors of your Mini Mini 3. On some automatic models, you can still fold down your mirrors by hand, but you’ll have to be very cautious, generally when you fold them down manually, you’ll have to open them through the electric opening to reset the mirrors’ travel.
Issue with the side mirror not folding over on my Mini Mini 3 anymore?
If you are in the situation that a side mirror on your Mini Mini 3 doesn’t want to fold down any longer we will try to help you solve your problem:
- Manual side mirror Mini Mini 3 that won’t fold down: In this case, there must be something obstructing its joint, or it’s been forced and it can’t fold down, look at that side of it.
- Automatic electric side mirror Mini Mini 3 that doesn’t fold down anymore: In this case, there can be several concerns, you may have deactivated the automatic folding, please look in your owners manual how to do the operation because determined by the year of your car it can be different. If it is rather an engine problem, you will surely have to change the engine of the mirror, this occurs commonly when a mirror has been forced by hand.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Mini Mini 3, do not hesitate to consult our Mini Mini 3 category.