Some tasks may appear to be easy to carry out on your motor vehicle, however, each vehicle is distinct and when you buy a new one, lend it to you, or rent one, it is not always easy to carry them out. That’s why in this post we’re going to teach you how to fold the side mirrors of your Genesis G80. Certainly, when you park in the city center, or leave your car stopped for a little while, it’s better to fold them down to prevent any damage. To answer this question, first, we will detail the different kind of side mirrors that can be found, then, in a second step, how to fold down the side mirrors of your Genesis G80, and, finally, the possible concerns you may encounter.
Different versions of side mirrors on a Genesis G80
Before we present you the precise method for folding the mirrors of your Genesis G80, we will quickly determine the different kind of mirrors that can be found. In fact, regardless if it is not the most technical gear of a car, there are different types of side mirrors that will generally be linked to the options of your car, here they are:
- Manually foldable and manually adjustable side mirrors.
- Manual and power-folding mirrors
- Power-adjustable auto-folding side mirrors
How to fold the side mirrors on a Genesis G80?
It’s time to find out why you arrived on this internet page, how to fold the side mirrors of a Genesis G80? As we explained above, each sort of mirror folds in a different method, find down below each of the actions to perform
How do you fold manual side mirrors on a Genesis G80?
- Folding Genesis G80 manual side mirrors: For this sort of mirror, nothing could be less complicated, you stand in front of your mirror and push it towards the inside, towards the rear of the vehicle. There must be a notch to be passed by applying a sufficiently strong force
- Manual electric folding side mirrors on Genesis G80: Take care on this sort of mirror, verify that they fold manually and not electrically, you will find details on the owners manual of your Genesis G80.
How do you fold the automatic side mirrors on a Genesis G80?
To finish , for this last kind of mirror, nothing could be less complicated, your side mirrors will fold down and open anytime you open or lock your Genesis G80. On some automatic models, you can still fold down your mirrors manually, however you’ll have to be very careful, generally when you fold them down manually, you’ll have to open them via the electric opening to reset the mirrors’ travel.
Issue with the side mirror not folding over on my Genesis G80 anymore?
If you are in the situation that a side mirror on your Genesis G80 doesn’t want to fold down any longer we will try to help you solve your problem:
- Manual side mirror Genesis G80 that won’t fold down: In that case, there must be a thing blocking its joint, or it’s been forced and it can’t fold down, look at that side of it.
- Automatic electric side mirror Genesis G80 that doesn’t fold down anymore: In this case, there can be several complications, you may have deactivated the automatic folding, please look in your instruction manual how to do the process because based on the year of your car it can be different. If it is rather an engine issue, you will surely have to change the engine of the mirror, this occurs commonly when a mirror has been forced by hand.
If you need more guides on the Genesis G80, go to our Genesis G80 category.