Some actions may seem to be evident to conduct on your car, however, each automobile is distinct and when you buy a new one, lend it to you, or rent one, it is not always easy to carry them out. That’s why in this post we’re going to teach you how to fold the side mirrors of your Ford Ranger. Indeed, when you park in the CBD, or leave your car parked for a little while, it’s better to fold them down to avoid any damage. To answer this issue, first, we will detail the different sort of side mirrors that can be found, then, in a second part, how to fold down the side mirrors of your Ford Ranger, and, at last, the possible trouble you may face.
Different sort of side mirrors on a Ford Ranger
Before we teach you the precise approach for folding the mirrors of your Ford Ranger, we will promptly check out the different sort of mirrors that can be found. Indeed, regardless if it is not the most complex gear of a car, there are different types of side mirrors that will generally be related to the options of your car, here they are:
- Manually foldable and manually adjustable side mirrors.
- Manual and power-folding mirrors
- Power-adjustable auto-folding side mirrors
How to fold the side mirrors on a Ford Ranger?
We will in this section find out why you arrived on this document, how to fold the side mirrors of a Ford Ranger? As we outlined above, each sort of mirror folds in a specific method, find down below each of the actions to perform
How do you fold manual side mirrors on a Ford Ranger?
- Folding Ford Ranger manual side mirrors: For this sort of mirror, nothing could be less difficult, you stand in front of your mirror and push it towards the inside, towards the rear of the automobile. There must be a notch to be passed by applying a sufficiently strong pressure
- Manual electric folding side mirrors on Ford Ranger: Be careful on this sort of mirror, check that they fold manually and not electrically, you will find info on the user manual of your Ford Ranger.
How do you fold the automatic side mirrors on a Ford Ranger?
To conclude, for this last style of mirror, nothing could be simpler, your side mirrors will fold down and open every time you open or close the doors of your Ford Ranger. On some automatic models, you can still fold down your mirrors by hand, however you’ll have to be very attentive, generally when you fold them down manually, you’ll have to open them through the electric opening to reset the mirrors’ travel.
Problem with the side mirror not folding over on my Ford Ranger anymore?
If you are in the scenario that a side mirror on your Ford Ranger doesn’t want to fold down anymore we will try to help you solve your problem:
- Manual side mirror Ford Ranger that won’t fold down: In this case, there must be something obstructing its joint, or it’s been forced and it can’t fold down, look at that side of it.
- Automatic electric side mirror Ford Ranger that doesn’t fold down anymore: In this instance, there can be several complications, you may have deactivated the automatic folding, please look in your manual how to do the process because depending on the year of your car it can be different. If it is rather an engine problem, you will surely have to change the engine of the mirror, this happens frequently when a mirror has been forced by hand.
To get more tips on the Ford Ranger, take a look at the Ford Ranger category.