Some actions may appear to be evident to conduct on your car, however, each automobile is distinct and when you buy a new one, lend it to you, or rent one, it is not always easy to carry them out. That’s why in this article we’re going to demonstrate you how to fold the side mirrors of your Ford Kuga. In fact, when you park in the CBD, or leave your car stopped for a little while, it’s better to fold them down to prevent any deterioration. To answer this issue, first, we will detail the different sort of side mirrors that really exist, then, in a second part, how to fold down the side mirrors of your Ford Kuga, and, at last, the possible trouble you may encounter.
Different kind of side mirrors on a Ford Kuga
Before we show you the exact technique for folding the mirrors of your Ford Kuga, we will promptly discover the different sort of mirrors that can be found. Indeed, regardless if it is not the most complex gear of a car, there are diverse kinds of side mirrors that will generally be related to the finish of your car, here they are:
- Manually foldable and manually adjustable side mirrors.
- Manual and power-folding mirrors
- Power-adjustable auto-folding side mirrors
How to fold the side mirrors on a Ford Kuga?
It’s time to find out why you arrived on this page, how to fold the side mirrors of a Ford Kuga? As we outlined previously, each type of mirror folds in a specific way, find down below each of the actions to perform
How do you fold manual side mirrors on a Ford Kuga?
- Folding Ford Kuga manual side mirrors: For this sort of mirror, nothing could be simpler, you stand in front of your mirror and push it towards the inside, towards the rear of the automobile. There must be a notch to be passed by applying a sufficiently strong force
- Manual electric folding side mirrors on Ford Kuga: Be careful on this sort of mirror, check that they fold manually and not electrically, you will find details on the owners manual of your Ford Kuga.
How do you fold the automatic side mirrors on a Ford Kuga?
To conclude, for this last kind of mirror, nothing could be easier, your side mirrors will fold down and open whenever you open or close the doors of your Ford Kuga. On some automatic types, you can still fold down your mirrors by hand, although you’ll have to be very careful, generally when you fold them down manually, you’ll have to open them through the electric opening to reset the mirrors’ travel.
Issue with the side mirror not folding over on my Ford Kuga anymore?
If you are in the situation that a side mirror on your Ford Kuga doesn’t want to fold down anymore we will try to help you solve your problem:
- Manual side mirror Ford Kuga that won’t fold down: In this case, there must be something obstructing its joint, or it’s been forced and it can’t fold down, look at that side of it.
- Automatic electric side mirror Ford Kuga that doesn’t fold down anymore: In this instance, there can be several problems, you may have deactivated the automatic folding, please look in your owners manual how to do the process because depending on the year of your car it can be different. If it is rather an engine problem, you will surely have to change the engine of the mirror, this happens frequently when a mirror has been forced by hand.
To find more tips on the Ford Kuga, take a look at the Ford Kuga category.