Some tasks may appear evident to execute on your car, nevertheless, each car is different and when you buy a new one, lend it to you, or rent one, it is not always easy to carry them out. That’s why in this article we’re going to show you how to fold the side mirrors of your Ford Flex. Indeed, when you park in the CBD, or leave your car parked for a little while, it’s better to fold them down to avoid any problems. To answer this question, first, we will detail the different types of side mirrors that really exist, then, in a second part, how to fold down the side mirrors of your Ford Flex, and, to finish, the possible complications you may encounter.
Different kind of side mirrors on a Ford Flex
Before we show you the exact process for folding the mirrors of your Ford Flex, we will promptly determine the different types of mirrors that can be found. In fact, even if it is not the most technical equipment of a car, there are different kinds of side mirrors that will generally be related to the options of your car, here they are:
- Manually foldable and manually adjustable side mirrors.
- Manual and power-folding mirrors
- Power-adjustable auto-folding side mirrors
How to fold the side mirrors on a Ford Flex?
We will in this section find out why you arrived on this article, how to fold the side mirrors of a Ford Flex? As we outlined previously, each version of mirror folds in a different method, find down below each of the actions to perform
How do you fold manual side mirrors on a Ford Flex?
- Folding Ford Flex manual side mirrors: For this type of mirror, nothing could be much easier, you stand in front of your mirror and push it towards the inside, towards the rear of the car. There should be a notch to be passed by applying a sufficiently strong force
- Manual electric folding side mirrors on Ford Flex: Be cautious on this type of mirror, examine that they fold manually and not electrically, you will find information on the guidebook of your Ford Flex.
How do you fold the automatic side mirrors on a Ford Flex?
To conclude, for this last kind of mirror, nothing could be simpler, your side mirrors will fold down and open anytime you open or close the doors of your Ford Flex. On some automatic models, you can still fold down your mirrors by hand, however you’ll have to be very cautious, generally when you fold them down manually, you’ll have to open them through the electric opening to reset the mirrors’ travel.
Problem with the side mirror not folding over on my Ford Flex anymore?
If you are in the circumstance that a side mirror on your Ford Flex doesn’t want to fold down anymore we will try to help you solve your problem:
- Manual side mirror Ford Flex that won’t fold down: In that case, there must be a thing obstructing its articulation, or it’s been forced and it can’t fold down, look at that side of it.
- Automatic electric side mirror Ford Flex that doesn’t fold down anymore: In this instance, there can be several problems, you may have deactivated the automatic folding, please look in your guidebook how to do the procedure because based on the year of your car it can be different. If it is rather an engine problem, you will surely have to change the engine of the mirror, this happens regularly when a mirror has been forced by hand.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Ford Flex, do not hesitate to consult our Ford Flex category.