Some manipulations may appear evident to execute on your car, however, each car is distinct and when you buy a new one, lend it to you, or rent one, it is not always easy to carry them out. That’s why today we’re going to demonstrate you how to fold the side mirrors of your Ford Crown Victoria. In reality, when you park in the city center, or leave your car parked for a little while, it’s better to fold them down to avoid any damage. To answer this question, first, we will detail the different types of side mirrors that can be found, then, in a second part, how to fold down the side mirrors of your Ford Crown Victoria, and, at last, the possible complications you may encounter.
Different versions of side mirrors on a Ford Crown Victoria
Before we teach you the exact technique for folding the mirrors of your Ford Crown Victoria, we will rather quickly identify the different types of mirrors that exist. In fact, regardless if it is not the most complicated gear of a car, there are different sorts of side mirrors that will generally be related to the options of your car, here they are:
- Manually foldable and manually adjustable side mirrors.
- Manual and power-folding mirrors
- Power-adjustable auto-folding side mirrors
How to fold the side mirrors on a Ford Crown Victoria?
It’s time to find out why you arrived on this web site, how to fold the side mirrors of a Ford Crown Victoria? As we explained above, each version of mirror folds in a different method, find below each of the actions to perform
How do you fold manual side mirrors on a Ford Crown Victoria?
- Folding Ford Crown Victoria manual side mirrors: For this type of mirror, nothing could be much easier, you stand in front of your mirror and push it towards the inside, towards the rear of the car. There should be a notch to be passed by applying a sufficiently strong force
- Manual electric folding side mirrors on Ford Crown Victoria: Watch out on this type of mirror, check that they fold manually and not electrically, you will find info on the user manual of your Ford Crown Victoria.
How do you fold the automatic side mirrors on a Ford Crown Victoria?
Finally, for this last type of mirror, nothing could be less difficult, your side mirrors will fold down and open whenever you open or close the doors of your Ford Crown Victoria. On some automatic models, you can still fold down your mirrors by hand, although you’ll have to be very cautious, generally when you fold them down manually, you’ll have to open them through the electric opening to reset the mirrors’ travel.
Problem with the side mirror not folding over on my Ford Crown Victoria anymore?
If you are in the case that a side mirror on your Ford Crown Victoria doesn’t want to fold down anymore we will try to help you solve your problem:
- Manual side mirror Ford Crown Victoria that won’t fold down: In that case, there must be something blocking its joint, or it’s been forced and it can’t fold down, look at that side of it.
- Automatic electric side mirror Ford Crown Victoria that doesn’t fold down anymore: In this case, there can be several complications, you may have deactivated the automatic folding, please look in your manual how to do the technique because determined by the year of your car it can be different. If it is rather an engine problem, you will surely have to change the engine of the mirror, this occurs regularly when a mirror has been forced by hand.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Ford Crown Victoria, do not hesitate to consult our Ford Crown Victoria category.