Some manipulations may seem easy to carry out on your motor vehicle, nevertheless, each vehicle is distinct and when you buy a new one, lend it to you, or rent one, it is not always easy to carry them out. That’s why today we’re going to teach you how to fold the side mirrors of your Fiat 500. Certainly, when you park in the city center, or leave your car stopped for a little while, it’s better to fold them down to prevent any problems. To answer this issue, first, we will detail the different sort of side mirrors that really exist, then, in a second step, how to fold down the side mirrors of your Fiat 500, and, to clonclude, the possible complications you may face.
Different kind of side mirrors on a Fiat 500
Before we present you the precise method for folding the mirrors of your Fiat 500, we will quickly check out the different sort of mirrors that exist. In fact, regardless if it is not the most complex equipment of a car, there are diverse kinds of side mirrors that will generally be linked to the exterior packages of your car, here they are:
- Manually foldable and manually adjustable side mirrors.
- Manual and power-folding mirrors
- Power-adjustable auto-folding side mirrors
How to fold the side mirrors on a Fiat 500?
It’s time to find out why you came on this internet page, how to fold the side mirrors of a Fiat 500? As we described previously, each sort of mirror folds in a different way, find below each of the actions to perform
How do you fold manual side mirrors on a Fiat 500?
- Folding Fiat 500 manual side mirrors: For this sort of mirror, nothing could be simpler, you stand in front of your mirror and push it towards the inside, towards the rear of the vehicle. There should be a notch to be passed by applying a sufficiently strong force
- Manual electric folding side mirrors on Fiat 500: Be cautious on this sort of mirror, verify that they fold manually and not electrically, you will find info on the user manual of your Fiat 500.
How do you fold the automatic side mirrors on a Fiat 500?
To conclude, for this last sort of mirror, nothing could be easier, your side mirrors will fold down and open every time you open or close the doors of your Fiat 500. On some automatic types, you can still fold down your mirrors by hand, although you’ll have to be very careful, generally when you fold them down manually, you’ll have to open them through the electric opening to reset the mirrors’ travel.
Issue with the side mirror not folding over on my Fiat 500 anymore?
If you are in the circumstance that a side mirror on your Fiat 500 doesn’t want to fold down anymore we will try to help you solve your problem:
- Manual side mirror Fiat 500 that won’t fold down: In that case, there must be a thing obstructing its joint, or it’s been forced and it can’t fold down, look at that side of it.
- Automatic electric side mirror Fiat 500 that doesn’t fold down anymore: In this case, there can be several complications, you may have deactivated the automatic folding, please look in your guidebook how to do the operation because depending on the year of your car it can be different. If it is rather an engine problem, you will surely have to change the engine of the mirror, this occurs frequently when a mirror has been forced by hand.
To get more tips on the Fiat 500, take a look at the Fiat 500 category.