Some tasks may appear easy to carry out on your car, nevertheless, each automobile is different and when you buy a new one, lend it to you, or rent one, it is not always easy to carry them out. That’s why in this article we’re going to teach you how to fold the side mirrors of your Dodge Nitro. In fact, when you park in the CBD, or leave your car parked for a little while, it’s better to fold them down to prevent any damage. To answer this question, first, we will detail the different types of side mirrors that exist, then, in a second part, how to fold down the side mirrors of your Dodge Nitro, and, to clonclude, the possible complications you may encounter.
Different kind of side mirrors on a Dodge Nitro
Before we present you the precise method for folding the mirrors of your Dodge Nitro, we will fairly quickly determine the different types of mirrors that can be found. In fact, even if it is not the most complicated equipment of a car, there are diverse kinds of side mirrors that will generally be linked to the options of your car, here they are:
- Manually foldable and manually adjustable side mirrors.
- Manual and power-folding mirrors
- Power-adjustable auto-folding side mirrors
How to fold the side mirrors on a Dodge Nitro?
We will in this section find out why you came on this internet page, how to fold the side mirrors of a Dodge Nitro? As we outlined earlier, each kind of mirror folds in a specific method, find below each of the actions to perform
How do you fold manual side mirrors on a Dodge Nitro?
- Folding Dodge Nitro manual side mirrors: For this kind of mirror, nothing could be simpler, you stand in front of your mirror and push it towards the inside, towards the rear of the automobile. There must be a notch to be passed by applying a sufficiently strong pressure
- Manual electric folding side mirrors on Dodge Nitro: Watch out on this kind of mirror, examine that they fold manually and not electrically, you will find details on the guidebook of your Dodge Nitro.
How do you fold the automatic side mirrors on a Dodge Nitro?
Finally, for this last type of mirror, nothing could be less complicated, your side mirrors will fold down and open every time you open or close your Dodge Nitro. On some automatic editions, you can still fold down your mirrors manually, although you’ll have to be very careful, generally when you fold them down manually, you’ll have to open them through the electric opening to reset the mirrors’ travel.
Problem with the side mirror not folding over on my Dodge Nitro anymore?
If you are in the situation that a side mirror on your Dodge Nitro doesn’t want to fold down anymore we will try to help you solve your problem:
- Manual side mirror Dodge Nitro that won’t fold down: In that case, there must be something obstructing its articulation, or it’s been forced and it can’t fold down, look at that side of it.
- Automatic electric side mirror Dodge Nitro that doesn’t fold down anymore: In this case, there can be several problems, you may have deactivated the automatic folding, please look in your instruction manual how to do the process because determined by the year of your car it can be different. If it is rather an engine problem, you will surely have to change the engine of the mirror, this happens frequently when a mirror has been forced by hand.
If you wish more guides on the Dodge Nitro, go to our Dodge Nitro category.