Some manipulations may appear evident to execute on your car, however, each car is distinct and when you buy a new one, lend it to you, or rent one, it is not always easy to carry them out. That’s why in this article we’re going to demonstrate you how to fold the side mirrors of your Citroen C1. In fact, when you park in the city center, or leave your car parked for a little while, it’s better to fold them down to prevent any deterioration. To answer this question, first, we will detail the different versions of side mirrors that exists, then, in a second step, how to fold down the side mirrors of your Citroen C1, and, to finish, the possible complications you may face.
Different sort of side mirrors on a Citroen C1
Before we demonstrate you the precise approach for folding the mirrors of your Citroen C1, we will quickly identify the different versions of mirrors that can be found. In fact, regardless if it is not the most technical gear of a car, there are different kinds of side mirrors that will generally be relating to the options of your car, here they are:
- Manually foldable and manually adjustable side mirrors.
- Manual and power-folding mirrors
- Power-adjustable auto-folding side mirrors
How to fold the side mirrors on a Citroen C1?
It’s time to find out why you arrived on this web page, how to fold the side mirrors of a Citroen C1? As we revealed above, each kind of mirror folds in a specific method, find below each of the actions to perform
How do you fold manual side mirrors on a Citroen C1?
- Folding Citroen C1 manual side mirrors: For this kind of mirror, nothing could be simpler, you stand in front of your mirror and push it towards the inside, towards the rear of the car. There must be a notch to be passed by applying a sufficiently strong pressure
- Manual electric folding side mirrors on Citroen C1: Be cautious on this kind of mirror, examine that they fold manually and not electrically, you will find details on the user manual of your Citroen C1.
How do you fold the automatic side mirrors on a Citroen C1?
Finally, for this last kind of mirror, nothing could be simpler, your side mirrors will fold down and open each time you open or close the doors of your Citroen C1. On some automatic models, you can still fold down your mirrors by hand, although you’ll have to be very attentive, generally when you fold them down manually, you’ll have to open them through the electric opening to reset the mirrors’ travel.
Problem with the side mirror not folding over on my Citroen C1 anymore?
If you are in the scenario that a side mirror on your Citroen C1 doesn’t want to fold down anymore we will try to help you solve your problem:
- Manual side mirror Citroen C1 that won’t fold down: In that case, there must be something obstructing its joint, or it’s been forced and it can’t fold down, look at that side of it.
- Automatic electric side mirror Citroen C1 that doesn’t fold down anymore: In this instance, there can be several problems, you may have deactivated the automatic folding, please look in your manual how to do the technique because based on the year of your car it can be different. If it is rather an engine issue, you will surely have to change the engine of the mirror, this occurs commonly when a mirror has been forced by hand.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Citroen C1, do not hesitate to consult our Citroen C1 category.