Some tasks may seem easy to conduct on your motor vehicle, however, each car is distinct and when you buy a new one, lend it to you, or rent one, it is not always easy to carry them out. That’s why in this article we’re going to explain you how to fold the side mirrors of your Chevrolet Colorado. In reality, when you park in the city center, or leave your car parked for a little while, it’s better to fold them down to prevent any deterioration. To answer this query, first, we will detail the different types of side mirrors that really exist, then, in a second part, how to fold down the side mirrors of your Chevrolet Colorado, and, to finish, the possible trouble you may face.
Different types of side mirrors on a Chevrolet Colorado
Before we teach you the exact approach for folding the mirrors of your Chevrolet Colorado, we will rather quickly determine the different types of mirrors that can be found. In fact, regardless if it is not the most complex gear of a car, there are different kinds of side mirrors that will generally be relating to the finish of your car, here they are:
- Manually foldable and manually adjustable side mirrors.
- Manual and power-folding mirrors
- Power-adjustable auto-folding side mirrors
How to fold the side mirrors on a Chevrolet Colorado?
We will now find out why you arrived on this web page, how to fold the side mirrors of a Chevrolet Colorado? As we outlined earlier, each type of mirror folds in a different way, find below each of the actions to perform
How do you fold manual side mirrors on a Chevrolet Colorado?
- Folding Chevrolet Colorado manual side mirrors: For this sort of mirror, nothing could be less difficult, you stand in front of your mirror and push it towards the inside, towards the rear of the car. There must be a notch to be passed by applying a sufficiently strong pressure
- Manual electric folding side mirrors on Chevrolet Colorado: Be careful on this sort of mirror, examine that they fold manually and not electrically, you will find info on the instructions manual of your Chevrolet Colorado.
How do you fold the automatic side mirrors on a Chevrolet Colorado?
To finish , for this last kind of mirror, nothing could be easier, your side mirrors will fold down and open every time you open or close your Chevrolet Colorado. On some automatic editions, you can still fold down your mirrors manually, but you’ll have to be very attentive, generally when you fold them down manually, you’ll have to open them via the electric opening to reset the mirrors’ travel.
Trouble with the side mirror not folding over on my Chevrolet Colorado anymore?
If you are in the scenario that a side mirror on your Chevrolet Colorado doesn’t want to fold down any longer we will try to help you solve your problem:
- Manual side mirror Chevrolet Colorado that won’t fold down: In that case, there must be something blocking its articulation, or it’s been forced and it can’t fold down, look at that side of it.
- Automatic electric side mirror Chevrolet Colorado that doesn’t fold down anymore: In this instance, there can be several concerns, you may have deactivated the automatic folding, please look in your manual how to do the technique because determined by the year of your car it can be different. If it is rather an engine problem, you will surely have to change the engine of the mirror, this happens frequently when a mirror has been forced by hand.
If you wish more guides on the Chevrolet Colorado, go to our Chevrolet Colorado category.