Some actions may seem easy to carry out on your motor vehicle, however, each vehicle is distinct and when you buy a new one, lend it to you, or rent one, it is not always easy to carry them out. That’s why in this article we’re going to show you how to fold the side mirrors of your BMW X4. In fact, when you park in the CBD, or leave your car parked for a little while, it’s better to fold them down to avoid any deterioration. To answer this issue, first, we will detail the different kind of side mirrors that exist, then, in a second part, how to fold down the side mirrors of your BMW X4, and, to clonclude, the possible complications you may come across.
Different sort of side mirrors on a BMW X4
Before we teach you the exact approach for folding the mirrors of your BMW X4, we will rather quickly check out the different kind of mirrors that can be found. Indeed, even if it is not the most technical gear of a car, there are different kinds of side mirrors that will generally be related to the exterior packages of your car, here they are:
- Manually foldable and manually adjustable side mirrors.
- Manual and power-folding mirrors
- Power-adjustable auto-folding side mirrors
How to fold the side mirrors on a BMW X4?
We will in this part find out why you arrived on this document, how to fold the side mirrors of a BMW X4? As we revealed earlier, each sort of mirror folds in a different way, find down below each of the actions to perform
How do you fold manual side mirrors on a BMW X4?
- Folding BMW X4 manual side mirrors: For this sort of mirror, nothing could be much easier, you stand in front of your mirror and push it towards the inside, towards the rear of the vehicle. There should be a notch to be passed by applying a sufficiently strong pressure
- Manual electric folding side mirrors on BMW X4: Watch out on this sort of mirror, examine that they fold manually and not electrically, you will find information on the instructions manual of your BMW X4.
How do you fold the automatic side mirrors on a BMW X4?
To conclude, for this last sort of mirror, nothing could be simpler, your side mirrors will fold down and open anytime you open or close your BMW X4. On some automatic versions, you can still fold down your mirrors manually, but you’ll have to be very careful, generally when you fold them down manually, you’ll have to open them via the electric opening to reset the mirrors’ travel.
Issue with the side mirror not folding over on my BMW X4 anymore?
If you are in the case that a side mirror on your BMW X4 doesn’t want to fold down anymore we will try to help you solve your problem:
- Manual side mirror BMW X4 that won’t fold down: In that case, there must be something blocking its joint, or it’s been forced and it can’t fold down, look at that side of it.
- Automatic electric side mirror BMW X4 that doesn’t fold down anymore: In this instance, there can be several complications, you may have deactivated the automatic folding, please look in your instruction manual how to do the technique because determined by the year of your car it can be different. If it is rather an engine issue, you will surely have to change the engine of the mirror, this occurs commonly when a mirror has been forced by hand.
To discover more tips on the BMW X4, take a look at the BMW X4 category.