Some manipulations may seem to be evident to perform on your motor vehicle, nevertheless, each car is distinct and when you buy a new one, lend it to you, or rent one, it is not always easy to carry them out. That’s why in this post we’re going to teach you how to fold the side mirrors of your BMW i3. Certainly, when you park in the CBD, or leave your car parked for a little while, it’s better to fold them down to prevent any problems. To answer this query, first, we will detail the different kind of side mirrors that really exist, then, in a second part, how to fold down the side mirrors of your BMW i3, and, to clonclude, the possible complications you may encounter.
Different versions of side mirrors on a BMW i3
Before we show you the precise procedure for folding the mirrors of your BMW i3, we will rather quickly check out the different kind of mirrors that exist. In fact, regardless if it is not the most complicated equipment of a car, there are diverse kinds of side mirrors that will generally be related to the options of your car, here they are:
- Manually foldable and manually adjustable side mirrors.
- Manual and power-folding mirrors
- Power-adjustable auto-folding side mirrors
How to fold the side mirrors on a BMW i3?
It’s time to find out why you came on this web site, how to fold the side mirrors of a BMW i3? As we described earlier, each type of mirror folds in a specific way, find down below each of the actions to perform
How do you fold manual side mirrors on a BMW i3?
- Folding BMW i3 manual side mirrors: For this type of mirror, nothing could be much easier, you stand in front of your mirror and push it towards the inside, towards the rear of the car. There should be a notch to be passed by applying a sufficiently strong pressure
- Manual electric folding side mirrors on BMW i3: Watch out on this type of mirror, check that they fold manually and not electrically, you will find details on the user manual of your BMW i3.
How do you fold the automatic side mirrors on a BMW i3?
Finally, for this last kind of mirror, nothing could be less difficult, your side mirrors will fold down and open anytime you open or close your BMW i3. On some automatic versions, you can still fold down your mirrors manually, although you’ll have to be very careful, generally when you fold them down manually, you’ll have to open them via the electric opening to reset the mirrors’ travel.
Issue with the side mirror not folding over on my BMW i3 anymore?
If you are in the circumstance that a side mirror on your BMW i3 doesn’t want to fold down any longer we will try to help you solve your problem:
- Manual side mirror BMW i3 that won’t fold down: In that case, there must be something obstructing its articulation, or it’s been forced and it can’t fold down, look at that side of it.
- Automatic electric side mirror BMW i3 that doesn’t fold down anymore: In this case, there can be several problems, you may have deactivated the automatic folding, please look in your instruction manual how to do the procedure because depending on the year of your car it can be different. If it is rather an engine issue, you will surely have to change the engine of the mirror, this occurs frequently when a mirror has been forced by hand.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the BMW i3, do not hesitate to consult our BMW i3 category.