Some manipulations may look like obvious to perform on your motor vehicle, nevertheless, each automobile is different and when you buy a new one, lend it to you, or rent one, it is not always easy to carry them out. That’s why in this post we’re going to teach you how to fold the side mirrors of your Alfa Romeo 156. Indeed, when you park in the city center, or leave your car stopped for a little while, it’s better to fold them down to prevent any problems. To answer this question, first, we will detail the different versions of side mirrors that can be found, then, in a second part, how to fold down the side mirrors of your Alfa Romeo 156, and, to finish, the possible complications you may face.
Different kind of side mirrors on a Alfa Romeo 156
Before we present you the precise procedure for folding the mirrors of your Alfa Romeo 156, we will quickly discover the different versions of mirrors that exist. In fact, regardless if it is not the most complicated equipment of a car, there are diverse types of side mirrors that will generally be related to the options of your car, here they are:
- Manually foldable and manually adjustable side mirrors.
- Manual and power-folding mirrors
- Power-adjustable auto-folding side mirrors
How to fold the side mirrors on a Alfa Romeo 156?
We will in this section find out why you arrived on this internet page, how to fold the side mirrors of a Alfa Romeo 156? As we explained previously, each sort of mirror folds in a different method, find down below each of the actions to perform
How do you fold manual side mirrors on a Alfa Romeo 156?
- Folding Alfa Romeo 156 manual side mirrors: For this sort of mirror, nothing could be much easier, you stand in front of your mirror and push it towards the inside, towards the rear of the automobile. There must be a notch to be passed by applying a sufficiently strong pressure
- Manual electric folding side mirrors on Alfa Romeo 156: Watch out on this sort of mirror, examine that they fold manually and not electrically, you will find info on the guidebook of your Alfa Romeo 156.
How do you fold the automatic side mirrors on a Alfa Romeo 156?
To conclude, for this last type of mirror, nothing could be less complicated, your side mirrors will fold down and open anytime you open or close your Alfa Romeo 156. On some automatic editions, you can still fold down your mirrors manually, although you’ll have to be very careful, generally when you fold them down manually, you’ll have to open them via the electric opening to reset the mirrors’ travel.
Trouble with the side mirror not folding over on my Alfa Romeo 156 anymore?
If you are in the case that a side mirror on your Alfa Romeo 156 doesn’t want to fold down anymore we will try to help you solve your problem:
- Manual side mirror Alfa Romeo 156 that won’t fold down: In that case, there must be something blocking its articulation, or it’s been forced and it can’t fold down, look at that side of it.
- Automatic electric side mirror Alfa Romeo 156 that doesn’t fold down anymore: In this instance, there can be several complications, you may have deactivated the automatic folding, please look in your manual how to do the operation because based on the year of your car it can be different. If it is rather an engine issue, you will surely have to change the engine of the mirror, this occurs commonly when a mirror has been forced by hand.
If you want more tutorials on the Alfa Romeo 156, go to our Alfa Romeo 156 category.