Today we’re going to focus on a problem that may look insignificant to most of you, but has happened to a lot of motorists! Indeed, we are going to deal with the of a key locked on you Toyota Tundra, and where to start if you are in this position? Whether it doesn’t want to fit in the cylinder or you can’t turn it any longer, we will try to help you find the cause of this trouble and give you the solution. It may seem obvious, but when you don’t know all the cars in depth, being confronted with a locked key can be disconcerting. Before you think about buying a new key or having it remanufactured, browse this guideline. In this content page, we will first try to show you why the key gets stuck in your cylinder Toyota Tundra, and secondly, how to unlock the key from your Toyota Tundra.
Why is my key locked in my Toyota Tundra?
What could have occurred to your car key being blocked in the cylinder of your Toyota Tundra? In this section we will try to show you why your key can get stuck. There are some reasons that can provoke the key to your car to get locked.
- Some dirt built up on it, which may trigger the key to get stuck in the cylinder’s sprocket device. It can either prevent it from entering the cylinder easily, or it can block it inside the cylinder.
- A broken or damaged key, if your key is damaged, bent or has some of its teeth damaged, it’s bound to have a hard time coordinating the impression in the barrel of your Toyota Tundra.
- A steering wheel locker activated, which will prevent your key from turning and thus start your Toyota Tundra.
- At last, it may be that if you have an automatic gearbox, you have the D position engaged and that this stops the key of your car from turning effectively in the barrel.
All these answers can cause an external or internal blocking of the key of your Toyota Tundra, so remember to examine all these key points to know what trouble you are struggling with.
How to unlock the key of my Toyota Tundra
To conclude, let’s go forward to the practical section that will enable you to unlock the key of your Toyota Tundra. Now that you’ve been able to discover the reason why your key is blocked, we’ll see what answers are available to you to remedy this trouble. We will take up the different problems and give you the corresponding solutions:
- Dirt blocking the key to your Toyota Tundra: If you key is stuck in the cylinder, use a wrench remover and move the key (without too much pressure) in different ways to try to unlock it. If it doesn’t want to go in any longer, ensure that to examine it carefully and clean out any dirt you may find. If you think the dirt is in the cylinder or switch, move the key back and forth to try to get the dirt out.
- The key of my Toyota Tundra doesn’t turn any longer and my steering wheel is locked: In such a case, it’s your anti-theft device that is activated, you will have to all at once turn your steering wheel and your key to unlock it, read this complete guide on the steering wheel locked on Toyota Tundra to have the complete treatment.
- Broken, damaged or twisted key: This is the most bothersome circumstance, if it is only twisted, you can try to straighten it on a flat surface with a sledgehammer, if it is damaged you will sadly have to use the duplicate or buy a new copy of the key of your Toyota Tundra. If it is damaged and you do not have a duplicate, you will have to get the code “VIN” and go to your vendor to receive a copy of your key. In any other case, last remedy, change the cylinder and get a new key.
- Key locked in my automatic Toyota Tundra: In this instance, you’ll only have to go through neutral to unlock your key from the cylinder.
To discover more tips on the Toyota Tundra, take a look at the Toyota Tundra category.