On this article we’re going to focus on an issue that could look trivial to most of you, but has happened to a lot of drivers! In fact, we are going to talk about the of a key locked on you Toyota Hilux 4, and what to do if we find ourselves in this condition? Whether it doesn’t want to fit in the cylinder or you can’t turn it anymore, we will try to help you locate the origin of this problem and give you the remedy. It may seem logical, but when you don’t know all the cars in depth, being in face of a locked key can be disconcerting. Before you think about buying a new key or having it remanufactured, browse this guideline. In this content page, we will first try to demonstrate why the key gets stuck in your cylinder Toyota Hilux 4, and secondly, how to unlock the key from your Toyota Hilux 4.
Why is my key locked in my Toyota Hilux 4?
What could have happened to your car key being blocked in the cylinder of your Toyota Hilux 4? In this part we will try to teach you why your key can get stuck. There are many explanations that can induce the key to your car to get locked.
- Some dirt gathered on it, which may cause the key to get stuck in the cylinder’s sprocket system. It can either prevent it from entering the cylinder easily, or it can block it inside the cylinder.
- A broken or damaged key, if your key is damaged, bent or has some of its teeth damaged, it’s bound to have a hard time corresponding the impression in the barrel of your Toyota Hilux 4.
- A steering wheel locker activated, which will prevent your key from turning and thus start your Toyota Hilux 4.
- Finally, it may be that if you have an automatic gearbox, you have the D position engaged and that this avoids the key of your car from turning effectively in the barrel.
All these reasons can cause an external or internal blocking of the key of your Toyota Hilux 4, so be sure you check all these points to know what problem you are struggling with.
How to unlock the key of my Toyota Hilux 4
To conclude, let’s proceed to the solution section that will enable you to unlock the key of your Toyota Hilux 4. Now that you’ve managed to determine the reason why your key is blocked, we’ll see what answers are available to you to solve this problem. We will take up the different concerns and give you the corresponding answers:
- Dirt blocking the key to your Toyota Hilux 4: If you key is stuck in the cylinder, use a wrench remover and move the key (without too much force) in different directions to try to unlock it. If it doesn’t want to go in anymore, be sure to examine it carefully and clean out any dirt you may find. If you think the dirt is in the cylinder or switch, move the key back and forth to try to get the dirt out.
- The key of my Toyota Hilux 4 doesn’t turn anymore and my steering wheel is locked: In this case, it’s your anti-theft system that is activated, you will have to all at once turn your steering wheel and your key to unlock it, examine this full guide on the steering wheel locked on Toyota Hilux 4 to have the complete process.
- Broken, damaged or twisted key: This is the most annoying circumstance, if it is only twisted, you can try to straighten it on a flat surface with a sledgehammer, if it is harmed you will sadly have to use the duplicate or buy a new copy of the key of your Toyota Hilux 4. If it is damaged and you do not have a duplicate, you will have to get the code “VIN” and go to your dealer to get a copy of your key. Otherwise, last answer, replace the cylinder and get a new key.
- Key locked in my automatic Toyota Hilux 4: In this case, you’ll only have to go through neutral to unlock your key from the cylinder.
To discover more tips on the Toyota Hilux 4, take a look at the Toyota Hilux 4 category.