On this article we’re going to focus on an issue that could seem trivial to most of you, but has happened to a lot of drivers! In truth, we are going to talk about the of a key locked on you Porsche Cayenne, and what you can do if we find ourselves in this position? Whether it doesn’t want to fit in the cylinder or you can’t turn it anymore, we will try to help you discover the source of this problem and give you the solution. It may seem obvious, but when you don’t know all the cars in detail, being confronted with a locked key can be disconcerting. Before you think about buying a new key or having it rebuilt, browse this article. In this content, we will first of all try to describe why the key gets stuck in your cylinder Porsche Cayenne, and secondly, how to unlock the key from your Porsche Cayenne.
Why is my key locked in my Porsche Cayenne?
What could have happened to your car key being blocked in the cylinder of your Porsche Cayenne? In this section we will try to show you why your key can get stuck. There are many reasons that can trigger the key to your car to get locked.
- Some dirt accumulated on it, which may provoke the key to get stuck in the cylinder’s sprocket device. It can either prevent it from entering the cylinder correctly, or it can block it inside the cylinder.
- A broken or damaged key, if your key is broken, bent or has some of its teeth damaged, it’s bound to have a hard time coordinating the impression in the barrel of your Porsche Cayenne.
- A steering wheel locker activated, which will prevent your key from turning and thus start your Porsche Cayenne.
- At last, it may be that if you have an automatic gearbox, you have the D position engaged and that this stops the key of your car from turning correctly in the barrel.
All these explanations can cause an external or internal blocking of the key of your Porsche Cayenne, so make sure to verify all these points to know what problem you are facing.
How to unlock the key of my Porsche Cayenne
To conclude, let’s go forward to the remedy section that will let you to unlock the key of your Porsche Cayenne. Now that you’ve been able to discover the explanation why your key is blocked, we’ll see what answers are available to you to cure this problem. We will take up the different trouble and give you the corresponding solutions:
- Dirt blocking the key to your Porsche Cayenne: If you key is stuck in the cylinder, use a wrench remover and move the key (without too much strength) in different ways to try to unlock it. If it doesn’t want to go in anymore, be sure to examine it attentively and clean out any dirt you may find. If you think the dirt is in the cylinder or switch, move the key back and forth to try to get the dirt out.
- The key of my Porsche Cayenne doesn’t turn anymore and my steering wheel is locked: In this case, it’s your anti-theft device that is activated, you will have to concurrently turn your steering wheel and your key to unlock it, browse this full guide on the steering wheel locked on Porsche Cayenne to have the complete procedure.
- Broken, damaged or twisted key: This is the most troublesome case, if it is only twisted, you can try to straighten it on a flat surface with a sledgehammer, if it is harmed you will sadly have to use the duplicate or buy a new copy of the key of your Porsche Cayenne. If it is damaged and you do not have a duplicate, you will have to get the code “VIN” and go to your dealership to receive a copy of your key. In any other case, last option, change the cylinder and get a new key.
- Key locked in my automatic Porsche Cayenne: In this instance, you’ll only have to go through neutral to unlock your key from the cylinder.
If you wish more guides on the Porsche Cayenne, go to our Porsche Cayenne category.