On this article we’re going to deal with an issue that could look insignificant to most of you, but has happened to a lot of car owners! In fact, we are gonna deal with the of a key locked on you Mini Countryman 2, and where to start if we find ourselves in this situation? Whether it doesn’t want to suit in the cylinder or you can’t turn it anymore, we will try to help you locate the cause of this trouble and give you the remedy. It may seem obvious, but when you don’t know all the cars in detail, being in face of a locked key can be disturbing. Before you think about buying a new key or having it rebuilt, browse this instruction. In this content page, we will first of all try to show you why the key gets stuck in your cylinder Mini Countryman 2, and secondly, how to unlock the key from your Mini Countryman 2.
Why is my key locked in my Mini Countryman 2?
What could have happened to your car key being blocked in the cylinder of your Mini Countryman 2? In this section we will try to teach you why your key can get stuck. There are several reasons that can provoke the key to your car to get locked.
- Some dirt gathered on it, which may cause the key to get stuck in the cylinder’s sprocket device. It can sometimes prevent it from entering the cylinder easily, or it can block it inside the cylinder.
- A broken or damaged key, if your key is cracked, bent or has some of its teeth damaged, it’s bound to have a hard time corresponding the impression in the barrel of your Mini Countryman 2.
- A steering wheel locker activated, which will prevent your key from turning and thus start your Mini Countryman 2.
- At last, it may be that if you have an automatic gearbox, you have the D position engaged and that this stops the key of your car from turning properly in the barrel.
All these causes can cause an external or internal blocking of the key of your Mini Countryman 2, so be sure you check all these points to know what trouble you are standing in front of.
How to unlock the key of my Mini Countryman 2
To finish , let’s move on to the practical part that will allow you to unlock the key of your Mini Countryman 2. Now that you’ve managed to determine the explanation why your key is blocked, we’ll see what answers are available to you to remedy this trouble. We will take up the different problems and give you the corresponding answers:
- Dirt blocking the key to your Mini Countryman 2: If you key is stuck in the cylinder, use a wrench remover and move the key (without too much pressure) in different directions to try to unlock it. If it doesn’t want to go in anymore, be certain to examine it carefully and clean out any dirt you may find. If you think the dirt is in the cylinder or switch, move the key back and forth to try to get the dirt out.
- The key of my Mini Countryman 2 doesn’t turn anymore and my steering wheel is locked: In this case, it’s your anti-theft device that is activated, you will have to simultaneously turn your steering wheel and your key to unlock it, read this complete guide on the steering wheel locked on Mini Countryman 2 to have the complete treatment.
- Broken, damaged or twisted key: This is the most irritating case, if it is only twisted, you can try to straighten it on a flat surface with a sledgehammer, if it is harmed you will regrettably have to use the duplicate or buy a new copy of the key of your Mini Countryman 2. If it is damaged and you do not have a duplicate, you will have to get the code “VIN” and go to your vendor to get a copy of your key. In any other case, last answer, convert the cylinder and get a new key.
- Key locked in my automatic Mini Countryman 2: In cases like this, you’ll only have to go through neutral to unlock your key from the cylinder.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Mini Countryman 2, do not hesitate to consult our Mini Countryman 2 category.