Today we’re going to deal with an issue that could seem superficial to most of you, but has happened to a lot of car owners! Indeed, we are gonna deal with the of a key locked on you Mercedes Benz CLS Class, and what you can do if you are in this condition? Whether it doesn’t want to fit in the cylinder or you can’t turn it any longer, we will try to help you locate the origin of this problem and give you the remedy. It may seem obvious, but when you don’t know all the cars in detail, being confronted with a locked key can be disturbing. Before you think about buying a new key or having it rebuilt, browse this guide. In this article, we will first try to demonstrate why the key gets stuck in your cylinder Mercedes Benz CLS Class, and secondly, how to unlock the key from your Mercedes Benz CLS Class.
Why is my key locked in my Mercedes Benz CLS Class?
What could have occurred to your car key being blocked in the cylinder of your Mercedes Benz CLS Class? In this part we will try to show you why your key can get stuck. There are many answers that can bring about the key to your car to get locked.
- Some dirt gathered on it, which may provoke the key to get stuck in the cylinder’s sprocket system. It can sometimes prevent it from entering the cylinder correctly, or it can block it inside the cylinder.
- A broken or damaged key, if your key is cracked, bent or has some of its teeth damaged, it’s bound to have a hard time corresponding the impression in the barrel of your Mercedes Benz CLS Class.
- A steering wheel locker activated, which will prevent your key from turning and thus start your Mercedes Benz CLS Class.
- At last, it may be that if you have an automatic gearbox, you have the D position engaged and that this avoids the key of your car from turning effectively in the barrel.
All these answers can cause an external or internal blocking of the key of your Mercedes Benz CLS Class, so be sure you verify all these aspects to know what problem you are struggling with.
How to unlock the key of my Mercedes Benz CLS Class
To finish , let’s move on to the remedy part that will enable you to unlock the key of your Mercedes Benz CLS Class. Now that you’ve been able to analyze the cause why your key is blocked, we’ll see what solutions are available to you to cure this problem. We will take up the different concerns and give you the corresponding answers:
- Dirt blocking the key to your Mercedes Benz CLS Class: If you key is stuck in the cylinder, use a wrench remover and move the key (without too much strength) in different ways to try to unlock it. If it doesn’t want to go in any longer, ensure that to inspect it attentively and clean out any dirt you may find. If you think the dirt is in the cylinder or switch, move the key back and forth to try to get the dirt out.
- The key of my Mercedes Benz CLS Class doesn’t turn any longer and my steering wheel is locked: In this case, it’s your anti-theft system that is turned on, you will have to concurrently turn your steering wheel and your key to unlock it, browse this full tutorial on the steering wheel locked on Mercedes Benz CLS Class to have the complete procedure.
- Broken, damaged or twisted key: This is the most annoying case, if it is only twisted, you can try to straighten it on a flat surface with a sledgehammer, if it is broken you will sadly have to use the duplicate or buy a new copy of the key of your Mercedes Benz CLS Class. If it is damaged and you do not have a duplicate, you will have to get the code “VIN” and go to your vendor to receive a copy of your key. In any other case, last option, replace the cylinder and get a new key.
- Key locked in my automatic Mercedes Benz CLS Class: In this instance, you’ll only have to go through neutral to unlock your key from the cylinder.
If you have any further questions about the Mercedes Benz CLS Class, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Benz CLS Class category.