Today we’re going to concentrate on an issue that could appear to be insignificant to most of you, but has happened to a lot of car owners! In truth, we are gonna talk about the of a key locked on you Mercedes A class, and how to proceed if you are in this condition? Whether it doesn’t want to fit in the cylinder or you can’t turn it any longer, we will try to help you uncover the cause of this trouble and give you the solution. It may seem logical, but when you don’t know all the cars in detail, being faced with a locked key can be disconcerting. Before you think about buying a new key or having it remanufactured, go through this guide. In this content page, we will first try to demonstrate why the key gets stuck in your cylinder Mercedes A class, and secondly, how to unlock the key from your Mercedes A class.
Why is my key locked in my Mercedes A class?
What could have happened to your car key being blocked in the cylinder of your Mercedes A class? In this section we will try to show you why your key can get stuck. There are several answers that can bring about the key to your car to get locked.
- Some dirt gathered on it, which may provoke the key to get stuck in the cylinder’s sprocket system. It can either prevent it from entering the cylinder correctly, or it can block it inside the cylinder.
- A broken or damaged key, if your key is damaged, bent or has some of its teeth damaged, it’s bound to have a hard time corresponding the impression in the barrel of your Mercedes A class.
- A steering wheel locker activated, which will prevent your key from turning and thus start your Mercedes A class.
- Finally, it may be that if you have an automatic gearbox, you have the D position engaged and that this avoids the key of your car from turning correctly in the barrel.
All these explanations can cause an external or internal blocking of the key of your Mercedes A class, so remember to examine all these aspects to know what trouble you are struggling with.
How to unlock the key of my Mercedes A class
Finally, let’s move on to the practical part that will enable you to unlock the key of your Mercedes A class. Now that you’ve managed to analyze the motive why your key is blocked, we’ll see what possibilities are available to you to solve this trouble. We will take up the different problems and give you the corresponding solutions:
- Dirt blocking the key to your Mercedes A class: If you key is stuck in the cylinder, use a wrench remover and move the key (without too much pressure) in different directions to try to unlock it. If it doesn’t want to go in any longer, be certain to inspect it carefully and clean out any dirt you may find. If you think the dirt is in the cylinder or switch, move the key back and forth to try to get the dirt out.
- The key of my Mercedes A class doesn’t turn any longer and my steering wheel is locked: In this case, it’s your anti-theft system that is turned on, you will have to all at once turn your steering wheel and your key to unlock it, examine this full tutorial on the steering wheel locked on Mercedes A class to have the complete process.
- Broken, damaged or twisted key: This is the most troublesome case, if it is only twisted, you can try to straighten it on a flat surface with a sledgehammer, if it is harmed you will unfortunately have to use the duplicate or buy a new copy of the key of your Mercedes A class. If it is damaged and you do not have a duplicate, you will have to get the code “VIN” and go to your vendor to obtain a copy of your key. Otherwise, last option, replace the cylinder and get a new key.
- Key locked in my automatic Mercedes A class: In this instance, you’ll only have to go through neutral to unlock your key from the cylinder.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Mercedes A class, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes A class category.