Today we’re going to concentrate on a problem that could appear to be superficial to most of you, but has happened to a lot of motorists! In truth, we are going to talk about the of a key locked on you Ford Focus, and what to do if we find ourselves in this position? Whether it doesn’t want to fit in the cylinder or you can’t turn it any longer, we will try to help you discover the origin of this trouble and give you the solution. It may seem obvious, but when you don’t know all the cars in greater detail, being in face of a locked key can be disconcerting. Before you think about buying a new key or having it remanufactured, read this article. In this content, we will first try to explain why the key gets stuck in your cylinder Ford Focus, and secondly, how to unlock the key from your Ford Focus.
Why is my key locked in my Ford Focus?
What could have occurred to your car key being blocked in the cylinder of your Ford Focus? In this part we will try to demonstrate why your key can get stuck. There are many explanations that can induce the key to your car to get locked.
- Some dirt gathered on it, which may trigger the key to get stuck in the cylinder’s sprocket device. It can either prevent it from entering the cylinder correctly, or it can block it inside the cylinder.
- A broken or damaged key, if your key is damaged, bent or has some of its teeth damaged, it’s bound to have a hard time corresponding the impression in the barrel of your Ford Focus.
- A steering wheel locker activated, which will prevent your key from turning and thus start your Ford Focus.
- Finally, it may be that if you have an automatic gearbox, you have the D position engaged and that this prevents the key of your car from turning effectively in the barrel.
All these elements can cause an external or internal blocking of the key of your Ford Focus, so be sure you check all these factors to know what trouble you are struggling with.
How to unlock the key of my Ford Focus
To finish , let’s proceed to the practical part that will enable you to unlock the key of your Ford Focus. Now that you’ve been able to evaluate the motive why your key is blocked, we’ll see what answers are available to you to remedy this trouble. We will take up the different trouble and give you the corresponding answers:
- Dirt blocking the key to your Ford Focus: If you key is stuck in the cylinder, use a wrench remover and move the key (without too much force) in different ways to try to unlock it. If it doesn’t want to go in any longer, be certain to inspect it cautiously and clean out any dirt you may find. If you think the dirt is in the cylinder or switch, move the key back and forth to try to get the dirt out.
- The key of my Ford Focus doesn’t turn any longer and my steering wheel is locked: In this case, it’s your anti-theft device that is activated, you will have to all at once turn your steering wheel and your key to unlock it, read this full article on the steering wheel locked on Ford Focus to have the complete treatment.
- Broken, damaged or twisted key: This is the most irritating circumstance, if it is only twisted, you can try to straighten it on a flat surface with a sledgehammer, if it is broken you will regrettably have to use the duplicate or buy a new copy of the key of your Ford Focus. If it is damaged and you do not have a duplicate, you will have to get the code “VIN” and go to your vendor to get a copy of your key. In any other case, last solution, replace the cylinder and get a new key.
- Key locked in my automatic Ford Focus: In this instance, you’ll only have to go through neutral to unlock your key from the cylinder.
If you have any further questions about the Ford Focus, do not hesitate to consult our Ford Focus category.