On this article we’re going to focus on a problem that could appear to be trivial to most of you, but has happened to a lot of car owners! In fact, we are gonna talk about the of a key locked on you Fiat Punto, and what to do if we find ourselves in this condition? Whether it doesn’t want to fit in the cylinder or you can’t turn it anymore, we will try to help you discover the origin of this problem and give you the remedy. It may seem obvious, but when you don’t know all the cars in depth, being in face of a locked key can be disconcerting. Before you think about buying a new key or having it rebuilt, browse this guide. In this content page, we will first try to teach you why the key gets stuck in your cylinder Fiat Punto, and secondly, how to unlock the key from your Fiat Punto.
Why is my key locked in my Fiat Punto?
What could have occurred to your car key being blocked in the cylinder of your Fiat Punto? In this section we will try to teach you why your key can get stuck. There are several answers that can induce the key to your car to get locked.
- Some dirt gathered on it, which may cause the key to get stuck in the cylinder’s sprocket device. It can either prevent it from entering the cylinder cleanly, or it can block it inside the cylinder.
- A broken or damaged key, if your key is damaged, bent or has some of its teeth damaged, it’s bound to have a hard time matching the impression in the barrel of your Fiat Punto.
- A steering wheel locker activated, which will prevent your key from turning and thus start your Fiat Punto.
- Finally, it may be that if you have an automatic gearbox, you have the D position engaged and that this stops the key of your car from turning correctly in the barrel.
All these answers can cause an external or internal blocking of the key of your Fiat Punto, so make sure to examine all these aspects to know what problem you are standing in front of.
How to unlock the key of my Fiat Punto
To finish , let’s move on to the practical section that will enable you to unlock the key of your Fiat Punto. Now that you’ve been able to analyze the cause why your key is blocked, we’ll see what solutions are available to you to remedy this problem. We will take up the different problems and give you the corresponding answers:
- Dirt blocking the key to your Fiat Punto: If you key is stuck in the cylinder, use a wrench remover and move the key (without too much pressure) in different ways to try to unlock it. If it doesn’t want to go in anymore, make certain to inspect it cautiously and clean out any dirt you may find. If you think the dirt is in the cylinder or switch, move the key back and forth to try to get the dirt out.
- The key of my Fiat Punto doesn’t turn anymore and my steering wheel is locked: In this instance, it’s your anti-theft device that is turned on, you will have to concurrently turn your steering wheel and your key to unlock it, browse this complete article on the steering wheel locked on Fiat Punto to have the complete procedure.
- Broken, damaged or twisted key: This is the most troublesome circumstance, if it is only twisted, you can try to straighten it on a flat surface with a sledgehammer, if it is broken you will unfortunately have to use the duplicate or buy a new copy of the key of your Fiat Punto. If it is damaged and you do not have a duplicate, you will have to get the code “VIN” and go to your dealership to obtain a copy of your key. In any other case, last answer, convert the cylinder and get a new key.
- Key locked in my automatic Fiat Punto: In this case, you’ll only have to go through neutral to unlock your key from the cylinder.
To find more tips on the Fiat Punto, take a look at the Fiat Punto category.