Today we’re going to deal with an issue that could seem trivial to most of you, but has happened to a lot of drivers! In fact, we are going to talk about the of a key locked on you Fiat 500 X, and what to do if we find ourselves in this situation? Whether it doesn’t want to suit in the cylinder or you can’t turn it anymore, we will try to help you discover the origin of this issue and give you the remedy. It may seem obvious, but when you don’t know all the cars in detail, being confronted with a locked key can be disconcerting. Before you think about buying a new key or having it remanufactured, browse this guide. In this content page, we will first of all try to demonstrate why the key gets stuck in your cylinder Fiat 500 X, and secondly, how to unlock the key from your Fiat 500 X.
Why is my key locked in my Fiat 500 X?
What could have happened to your car key being blocked in the cylinder of your Fiat 500 X? In this section we will try to describe why your key can get stuck. There are multiple answers that can bring about the key to your car to get locked.
- Some dirt built up on it, which may cause the key to get stuck in the cylinder’s sprocket system. It can either prevent it from entering the cylinder easily, or it can block it inside the cylinder.
- A broken or damaged key, if your key is damaged, bent or has some of its teeth damaged, it’s bound to have a hard time corresponding the impression in the barrel of your Fiat 500 X.
- A steering wheel locker activated, which will prevent your key from turning and thus start your Fiat 500 X.
- At last, it may be that if you have an automatic gearbox, you have the D position engaged and that this avoids the key of your car from turning correctly in the barrel.
All these causes can cause an external or internal blocking of the key of your Fiat 500 X, so remember to examine all these factors to know what issue you are struggling with.
How to unlock the key of my Fiat 500 X
Finally, let’s go forward to the practical part that will let you to unlock the key of your Fiat 500 X. Now that you’ve managed to discover the reason why your key is blocked, we’ll see what answers are available to you to cure this issue. We will take up the different concerns and give you the corresponding answers:
- Dirt blocking the key to your Fiat 500 X: If you key is stuck in the cylinder, use a wrench remover and move the key (without too much pressure) in different ways to try to unlock it. If it doesn’t want to go in anymore, ensure to inspect it attentively and clean out any dirt you may find. If you think the dirt is in the cylinder or switch, move the key back and forth to try to get the dirt out.
- The key of my Fiat 500 X doesn’t turn anymore and my steering wheel is locked: In cases like this, it’s your anti-theft system that is turned on, you will have to concurrently turn your steering wheel and your key to unlock it, go through this complete guide on the steering wheel locked on Fiat 500 X to have the complete process.
- Broken, damaged or twisted key: This is the most troublesome case, if it is only twisted, you can try to straighten it on a flat surface with a sledgehammer, if it is damaged you will regrettably have to use the duplicate or buy a new copy of the key of your Fiat 500 X. If it is damaged and you do not have a duplicate, you will have to get the code “VIN” and go to your car dealership to get a copy of your key. In any other case, last answer, change the cylinder and get a new key.
- Key locked in my automatic Fiat 500 X: In cases like this, you’ll only have to go through neutral to unlock your key from the cylinder.
To find more tips on the Fiat 500 X, take a look at the Fiat 500 X category.