On this article we’re going to deal with a problem that may seem trivial to most of you, but has happened to a lot of car owners! Indeed, we are going to focus on the of a key locked on you Chrysler 200, and where to start if we find ourselves in this position? Whether it doesn’t want to suit in the cylinder or you can’t turn it anymore, we will try to help you locate the cause of this problem and give you the solution. It may seem obvious, but when you don’t know all the cars in detail, being in face of a locked key can be disturbing. Before you think about buying a new key or having it rebuilt, browse this guideline. In this article, we will first of all try to demonstrate why the key gets stuck in your cylinder Chrysler 200, and secondly, how to unlock the key from your Chrysler 200.
Why is my key locked in my Chrysler 200?
What could have occurred to your car key being blocked in the cylinder of your Chrysler 200? In this section we will try to describe why your key can get stuck. There are many reasons that can cause the key to your car to get locked.
- Some dirt accumulated on it, which may provoke the key to get stuck in the cylinder’s sprocket system. It can either prevent it from entering the cylinder correctly, or it can block it inside the cylinder.
- A broken or damaged key, if your key is broken, bent or has some of its teeth damaged, it’s bound to have a hard time coordinating the impression in the barrel of your Chrysler 200.
- A steering wheel locker activated, which will prevent your key from turning and thus start your Chrysler 200.
- Finally, it may be that if you have an automatic gearbox, you have the D position engaged and that this stops the key of your car from turning properly in the barrel.
All these elements can cause an external or internal blocking of the key of your Chrysler 200, so make sure to check all these factors to know what problem you are standing in front of.
How to unlock the key of my Chrysler 200
To conclude, let’s proceed to the practical part that will let you to unlock the key of your Chrysler 200. Now that you’ve been able to evaluate the motive why your key is blocked, we’ll see what solutions are available to you to remedy this problem. We will take up the different problems and give you the corresponding solutions:
- Dirt blocking the key to your Chrysler 200: If you key is stuck in the cylinder, use a wrench remover and move the key (without too much strength) in different ways to try to unlock it. If it doesn’t want to go in anymore, be sure to examine it cautiously and clean out any dirt you may find. If you think the dirt is in the cylinder or switch, move the key back and forth to try to get the dirt out.
- The key of my Chrysler 200 doesn’t turn anymore and my steering wheel is locked: In cases like this, it’s your anti-theft system that is turned on, you will have to simultaneously turn your steering wheel and your key to unlock it, browse this complete guide on the steering wheel locked on Chrysler 200 to have the complete procedure.
- Broken, damaged or twisted key: This is the most troublesome case, if it is only twisted, you can try to straighten it on a flat surface with a sledgehammer, if it is harmed you will sadly have to use the duplicate or buy a new copy of the key of your Chrysler 200. If it is damaged and you do not have a duplicate, you will have to get the code “VIN” and go to your vendor to get a copy of your key. In any other case, last remedy, change the cylinder and get a new key.
- Key locked in my automatic Chrysler 200: In this instance, you’ll only have to go through neutral to unlock your key from the cylinder.
If you want more tutorials on the Chrysler 200, go to our Chrysler 200 category.