On this article we’re going to focus on a problem that may look insignificant to most of you, but has happened to a lot of motorists! In truth, we are gonna deal with the of a key locked on you Audi A6, and what to do if we find ourselves in this position? Whether it doesn’t want to fit in the cylinder or you can’t turn it anymore, we will try to help you discover the origin of this trouble and give you the remedy. It may seem logical, but when you don’t know all the cars in depth, being confronted with a locked key can be disconcerting. Before you think about buying a new key or having it remanufactured, browse this guideline. In this content page, we will first of all try to demonstrate why the key gets stuck in your cylinder Audi A6, and secondly, how to unlock the key from your Audi A6.
Why is my key locked in my Audi A6?
What could have occurred to your car key being blocked in the cylinder of your Audi A6? In this section we will try to describe why your key can get stuck. There are several reasons that can cause the key to your car to get locked.
- Some dirt accumulated on it, which may bring about the key to get stuck in the cylinder’s sprocket device. It can either prevent it from entering the cylinder correctly, or it can block it inside the cylinder.
- A broken or damaged key, if your key is cracked, bent or has some of its teeth damaged, it’s bound to have a hard time coordinating the impression in the barrel of your Audi A6.
- A steering wheel locker activated, which will prevent your key from turning and thus start your Audi A6.
- At last, it may be that if you have an automatic gearbox, you have the D position engaged and that this avoids the key of your car from turning correctly in the barrel.
All these answers can cause an external or internal blocking of the key of your Audi A6, so remember to examine all these points to know what trouble you are standing in front of.
How to unlock the key of my Audi A6
Finally, let’s go forward to the practical section that will enable you to unlock the key of your Audi A6. Now that you’ve been able to analyze the motive why your key is blocked, we’ll see what possibilities are available to you to solve this trouble. We will take up the different problems and give you the corresponding solutions:
- Dirt blocking the key to your Audi A6: If you key is stuck in the cylinder, use a wrench remover and move the key (without too much strength) in different directions to try to unlock it. If it doesn’t want to go in anymore, make certain to check it attentively and clean out any dirt you may find. If you think the dirt is in the cylinder or switch, move the key back and forth to try to get the dirt out.
- The key of my Audi A6 doesn’t turn anymore and my steering wheel is locked: In such a case, it’s your anti-theft device that is turned on, you will have to simultaneously turn your steering wheel and your key to unlock it, read this full guide on the steering wheel locked on Audi A6 to have the complete process.
- Broken, damaged or twisted key: This is the most bothersome circumstance, if it is only twisted, you can try to straighten it on a flat surface with a sledgehammer, if it is damaged you will regrettably have to use the duplicate or buy a new copy of the key of your Audi A6. If it is damaged and you do not have a duplicate, you will have to get the code “VIN” and go to your vendor to get a copy of your key. In any other case, last remedy, change the cylinder and get a new key.
- Key locked in my automatic Audi A6: In cases like this, you’ll only have to go through neutral to unlock your key from the cylinder.
If you need more tutorials on the Audi A6, go to our Audi A6 category.