In this article we will try to help you resolve a issue that can be annoying, and if not handled in time become a financial drain. Obviously, distinguishing a leak on your car is never reassuring, and it is even less calming when it’s a gearbox leak on your Volkswagen T-roc . Today, we’re going to help you confirm that it’s indeed a gearbox leak, then, how to remedy a gearbox or transmission leak, then, give you some prevention tips, and, finally, give you an indication of the price of the gearbox of a Volkswagen T-roc.
Gearbox leak on Volkswagen T-roc, source and symptom
If you have noticed an oil stain on the ground, you will need to ensure that this leak is indeed originating from the gearbox of your Volkswagen T-roc. To do this, you will need to go under your vehicle and follow the oil leak. If it is transmission oil, it must be originating from your gearbox sump or an adjacent room. Once established, here are the possible origins of this transmission leak:
- A gearbox cap: If it’s improperly screwed on…
- Defective torque converter: Only equipped on automatic gearboxes.
- From the transmission oil sump: In case it is cracked or broken
- One of your seals broken
How to fix a gearbox leak on Volkswagen T-roc?
After discovering the different origins of a gearbox or transmission oil leak on your Volkswagen T-roc, we will try to show you to you what are your possibilities to remedy this oil leak. Remember that in any case, after having identified a leak, you must go to a mechanic to identify the exact source of the leak, in any other case your gearbox might be irreparably broken. However, here is how the service of the mechanic and the solutions that will be offered to you:
- Very often to identify the leak, the auto mechanic will have to take apart your gearbox, which will require a high labour cost.
- If you’re lucky and it’s just a gasket, your auto mechanic will change it and reassemble the gearbox of your Volkswagen T-roc, in any other case you’ll have to replace the whole gearbox
- Finally, for the do-it-yourselfers, it is possible to use a sealing kit which is only effective in the case of small leaks, this kit is worth around 40 euros
Prevention: How to avoid gearbox leaks on your Volkswagen T-roc?
There aren’t many alternatives to avoid gearbox leaks on your Volkswagen T-roc , however here are the three most effective:
- Regular oil changes on your gearbox deck.
- Drain your gearbox and put new oil in it. If you want to know everything about this manipulation, please go through our content page on this subject matter.
- Use a specific additive for maintenance of gearbox seals, these additives will restore flexibility and allow to plug slight leaks, you will locate some for a few dozen euros at Oscaro.
Price of a Volkswagen T-roc gearbox
Finally, we would like to give you an indication of how much it costs to replace the gearbox of a Volkswagen T-roc. As you have understood, gearbox problems quite often lead to a whole replace of this part. It is hard to give you a precise price because depending on the mechanic the labour can vary quite a lot and depending on your engine the component will also have a different price, however, we estimate that the repair, labour included will cost you between 800 and 2000 euros , knowing that the component alone costs between 400 and 1000 euros.
To get more tips on the Volkswagen T-roc, take a look at the Volkswagen T-roc category.